Energy and Environmental Journal for Patent Student

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
MrProhibition

Energy and Environmental Journal for Patent Student

Postby MrProhibition » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Should I accept the offer for energy and environmental journal if I am a CS patent person?

bk1

Re: Energy and Environmental Journal for Patent Student

Postby bk1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Are you still looking for a postgraduation job? Do you care about clerking? Would your resume look bare without having a journal on it?

MrProhibition

Postby MrProhibition » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:42 pm

No. Not sure. And no. My problem is that I am not sure how I can spin the journal into patent law, and more specifically cs. If there was any possible way that I can make it look like a plus on my resume rather than a negative then I would like to do it. I am just not too optimistic about the topic...

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

MrProhibition wrote:No. Not sure. And no. My problem is that I am not sure how I can spin the journal into patent law, and more specifically cs. If there was any possible way that I can make it look like a plus on my resume rather than a negative then I would like to do it. I am just not too optimistic about the topic...

"Even though it's not in my preferred subject area, I chose to be on the journal because I wanted the chance to fine tune my writing and editing."

I doubt, assuming you have a CS degree, that any employer is going to see it as a negative. They may not see it as a positive, but I doubt it hurts you.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”