Strategies for tackling supplements Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AllDangle

Bronze

Strategies for tackling supplements

Post by AllDangle » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:57 pm

A couple of questions re: supps. I am reading them after I read the class material (may switch this up). Should I outline them separately as I go, and use that outline to plug in things missing from my "official" outline? What are some good strategies for approaching supp note taking/reading?

brotherdarkness

Gold

Re: Strategies for tackling supplements

Post by brotherdarkness » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 am

AllDangle wrote:A couple of questions re: supps. I am reading them after I read the class material (may switch this up). Should I outline them separately as I go, and use that outline to plug in things missing from my "official" outline? What are some good strategies for approaching supp note taking/reading?
I use supplements to do exactly that - supplement. I fill in gaps in my notes/outlines with supplement information. I also use them for what they are best for, practice questions. I read the supplements first to familiarize myself with the material. Then I read the cases/take notes. When I outline, I use materials from my notes, the cases, and the supplements. I think a separate outline is a waste of valuable time, just include anything you want from the supplement into your notes or main outline.

kay2016

Silver

Post by kay2016 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 am

I took my first look at a supplement this weekend, reading over the materials I've already covered. I thought it helped give me a bigger picture, but I didn't use it to outline or anything like that..

TIme will tell if I stick with this approach but

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”