bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ResIpsa21

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby ResIpsa21 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 pm

denimchickn wrote:You may very well be right, but from what I've heard from folks who were in the same boat over the last couple of years, VA always provides a specific date and often releases results a day or two early anyway. I guess we will see...

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I have still been neurotically clicking "refresh" on the results page all day! I hope you are right, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. This is the worst.

lightsandbuzz

Postby lightsandbuzz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 pm

ResIpsa21 wrote:
lightsandbuzz wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:Congrats NY people!

VA, get off your ass already...

Do we think today is the day?

I'd be very surprised if we get VA today. The VBBE has been pretty specific about October 31. Their website front page even says "October 31, 2013: Results for the July 2013 Bar Examination" under the "Upcoming Dates" section. You've gotta think that if they were going to release "as soon as the results are available," they wouldn't be so specific about the 31st.

For me, I am just hoping we get results early in the morning like these lucky (and/or unlucky) NY folks. I cannot survive waiting until the afternoon to find out if I'm a lawyer or not.

Last year they released the day before around 4 PM, and from what I've heard, they've done that for the past few exams. But then again, who would have thought that NY would release results before VA.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:08 pm

WHERE ARE MY BAR RESULTS TEXAS?!?!?! GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!! GIVE. THEM. TO. ME!!!!

Kobe824

Postby Kobe824 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:10 pm

fathergoose wrote:WHERE ARE MY BAR RESULTS TEXAS?!?!?! GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!! GIVE. THEM. TO. ME!!!!

Seems like best case scenario is tomorrow.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm

Kobe824 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:WHERE ARE MY BAR RESULTS TEXAS?!?!?! GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!! GIVE. THEM. TO. ME!!!!

Seems like best case scenario is tomorrow.

They better come out tomorrow. I'm not prepared to make it to Friday without my results.

Kobe824

Postby Kobe824 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm still constantly refreshing though. Job productivity is quite low right now.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Kobe824 wrote:I'm still constantly refreshing though. Job productivity is quite low right now.

NY getting their results last night upped my stress level considerably. I've accomplished very little today other than excessive coffee consumption and manic googling trying to find some clue or indicator as to when I can expect my results.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm a little amazed that someone hasn't compiled a list of what day and what time TX bar results have come out over the last couple years. I should be able to look something like that up on google in less than 5 minutes.

Kobe824

Postby Kobe824 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:27 pm

fathergoose wrote:I'm a little amazed that someone hasn't compiled a list of what day and what time TX bar results have come out over the last couple years. I should be able to look something like that up on google in less than 5 minutes.

From what I can tell from my own manic googling, sometime between noon and 2 PM sounds about right.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Any word on a NJ release date?

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:43 pm

beach_terror wrote:Any word on a NJ release date?

Brother, I would love to know this.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Kobe824 wrote:
fathergoose wrote:I'm a little amazed that someone hasn't compiled a list of what day and what time TX bar results have come out over the last couple years. I should be able to look something like that up on google in less than 5 minutes.

From what I can tell from my own manic googling, sometime between noon and 2 PM sounds about right.

This is what my co-workers have told me.

Why would they release it at such an awkward time? Right in the middle of the day so that you find out while you're at work. Screw you, Texas.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Kobe824 wrote:

Why would they release it at such an awkward time? Right in the middle of the day so that you find out while you're at work. Screw you, Texas.

That's when I got Illinois, right in the middle of a meeting on my second day.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Kobe824 wrote:

That's when I got Illinois, right in the middle of a meeting on my second day.

What makes it worse is that all the partners/associates are like "Knowing you, you'll be fine."

How stupid will I look/feel if I don't pass? I need to find something to distract myself.

Ali Khan

Postby Ali Khan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Waiting on Texas. Many comments have indicated tomorrow. But when I check the license dates of many attorneys in Texas on the state bar site, it says either November 1st or 2nd. And then some random comment stated that "historically for over 20 years" it has been released on November 1st.

On top of that I have an interview in the morning, need to show that I am not distracted that results may come in a few hours.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:37 pm

lightsandbuzz wrote:
ResIpsa21 wrote:
lightsandbuzz wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:Congrats NY people!

VA, get off your ass already...

Do we think today is the day?

I'd be very surprised if we get VA today. The VBBE has been pretty specific about October 31. Their website front page even says "October 31, 2013: Results for the July 2013 Bar Examination" under the "Upcoming Dates" section. You've gotta think that if they were going to release "as soon as the results are available," they wouldn't be so specific about the 31st.

For me, I am just hoping we get results early in the morning like these lucky (and/or unlucky) NY folks. I cannot survive waiting until the afternoon to find out if I'm a lawyer or not.

Last year they released the day before around 4 PM, and from what I've heard, they've done that for the past few exams. But then again, who would have thought that NY would release results before VA.

This. It obviously didn't happen today but that's the first time in years I believe.

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:05 am

Best of luck to you bros waiting for Texas results. Hope you all get them today so you can have a 180 Halloween party tonight.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:49 am

Being at work when results come out has the potential to be super awkward.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 am

I am just gonna get up from my desk, push in my chair, and roll out if I fail because I am fired anyway. Why make it awkward?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 am

Drop a deuce on your desk before you go.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:02 am

kalvano wrote:Drop a deuce on your desk before you go.

That's a given.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 am

Partners told me two things yesterday:

1. Either way my job is safe.
2. Either way I can leave the office early.

SMU2013

Postby SMU2013 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:16 am

I am still looking for a job (which obviously sucks), but fortunately, I guess, I don't have to be around a lot of people if I fail. On the other hand, I have a call back next week for a job that will only be offered to me if I pass.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 am

NY Public List is up.

Kobe824

Postby Kobe824 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:02 am

kalvano wrote:Being at work when results come out has the potential to be super awkward.

Agreed. Come onnnnn.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”