bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
horriblegb

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby horriblegb » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Did anyone else take the Arizona UBE? I heard/read that we were suppose to receive our MBE results in the mail 5 weeks after the exam. I have not received mine I was wondering if anyone else has. Clearly getting anxious though since i learned that.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Buddy got a 345 on the UBE. Extremely jealous. I just want to know if I passed though.

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:32 pm

usuaggie wrote:80.3% passed the Idaho bar with a 280 minimum on the UBE

Luckily, I'm in that 80.3%.

blong4133

Postby blong4133 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 am

usuaggie wrote:Buddy got a 345 on the UBE. Extremely jealous. I just want to know if I passed though.

I have a buddy that got a 334 (In West Virginia which is basically the UBE)

Insane.

cpajd

Postby cpajd » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:05 am

blong4133 wrote:
usuaggie wrote:Buddy got a 345 on the UBE. Extremely jealous. I just want to know if I passed though.

Insane.

Holy Crap. I had a little cushion, but not that much. I wonder if he wishes he'd spent a little more time drinking during July. Ha!

blong4133

Postby blong4133 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:47 pm

cpajd wrote:
blong4133 wrote:

Insane.

Holy Crap. I had a little cushion, but not that much. I wonder if he wishes he'd spent a little more time drinking during July. Ha!

haha, I know. I had some cushion as well, but scoring something that high just seems like a waste. haha

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:57 pm

I hope I got the bare minimum to pass and waive into DC.

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:34 pm

Results out in Washington State (UBE) as of Thursday evening/Friday morning at midnight. This last six weeks has been some of the worst of my life waiting and doing nothing but worrying. I honestly think I may have given myself an ulcer. But, I ended up passing with room to spare. For what it's worth, I felt OK after the essay/MPT day, but I felt absolutely crushed by the MBE - felt like the Barbri practice questions didn't compare well, and that I guessed on huge strings of questions. I'll hang out here a little longer, but TLS, for all the fun that gets made of it, has been a nice little resource over the years - now that I'm finally a grown up, guess it's time to retire though.

cpajd

Postby cpajd » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:53 pm

amputatedbrain wrote:Results out in Washington State (UBE) as of Thursday evening/Friday morning at midnight. This last six weeks has been some of the worst of my life waiting and doing nothing but worrying. I honestly think I may have given myself an ulcer. But, I ended up passing with room to spare. For what it's worth, I felt OK after the essay/MPT day, but I felt absolutely crushed by the MBE - felt like the Barbri practice questions didn't compare well, and that I guessed on huge strings of questions. I'll hang out here a little longer, but TLS, for all the fun that gets made of it, has been a nice little resource over the years - now that I'm finally a grown up, guess it's time to retire though.

Exactly my sentiment. I started reading this board back when I was prepping for the LSAT, then beginning classes, and from time to time as I went through the process of law school. Now the final act of the show has been performed, and I'm excited to see the results come in. It was always a good feeling seeing that others were going through the same travails. I suppose I'll be "checking out" soon from the board, but good luck to all the future lawyers out there!

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:57 pm

cpajd wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:Results out in Washington State (UBE) as of Thursday evening/Friday morning at midnight. This last six weeks has been some of the worst of my life waiting and doing nothing but worrying. I honestly think I may have given myself an ulcer. But, I ended up passing with room to spare. For what it's worth, I felt OK after the essay/MPT day, but I felt absolutely crushed by the MBE - felt like the Barbri practice questions didn't compare well, and that I guessed on huge strings of questions. I'll hang out here a little longer, but TLS, for all the fun that gets made of it, has been a nice little resource over the years - now that I'm finally a grown up, guess it's time to retire though.

Exactly my sentiment. I started reading this board back when I was prepping for the LSAT, then beginning classes, and from time to time as I went through the process of law school. Now the final act of the show has been performed, and I'm excited to see the results come in. It was always a good feeling seeing that others were going through the same travails. I suppose I'll be "checking out" soon from the board, but good luck to all the future lawyers out there!

we might get a lawyers forum here lil bro

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Passed Utah UBE

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 pm

usuaggie wrote:Passed Utah UBE

Grats mah dood

Void

Postby Void » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:23 am

Congrats! Do you know how you ended up doing on the MBE? Like, score-wise? (For those of us with a few more weeks to wait and who also felt pretty crushed on test day)

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:48 am

Void wrote:

Congrats! Do you know how you ended up doing on the MBE? Like, score-wise? (For those of us with a few more weeks to wait and who also felt pretty crushed on test day)

162 scaled - they didn't tell us what our raw score was.

okla

Postby okla » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:39 pm

For those wondering about the scale

144 raw 160 scaled

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 pm

I found the thread; I knew we had to have one here.

Still waiting for my results too, but congrats to everyone who has passed!!!

brose002

Postby brose002 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Congrats everyone!!! I'm in California, so I still have a LONG ways to go.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I hope I got the bare minimum to pass and waive into DC.

This. Waiting sucks. The character and fitness application sucks. The end.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Grats UBE'ers!

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

okla

Postby okla » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

ajax adonis wrote:
okla wrote:For those wondering about the scale

144 raw 160 scaled

Does that mean for all practical intents and purposes, you got a 160 out of 190 on the MBE when the Bar folks calculate your score?

That's my understanding. I know that my state determines bar passage from the scaled score, not the raw score. The scaled score is the score that is supposed to be final and comparable across different bar exams.

spartjdawg

Postby spartjdawg » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

It means 144/190, scaled to a 160 scaled score.

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

I got my score today. 324 combined for the UBE.

okla

Postby okla » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 pm

ajax adonis wrote:Is the scaling standardized across states? Do all states use the scaled scores to determine bar passage? No states use raw scores right? Thanks for answering questions.

I am not sure, but I assume that because the NCBEX is setting the curve in order to standardize from test administration to test administration (and not from state to state) that it would use a uniform curve nationally. Also, D.C. for instance allows you to transfer in your scaled MBE score, so surely it is uniform?

As to whether any states use raw scores, that seems unlikely, but you should see if there is information available from the website of the bar examiners in your state. If you don't know the URL, you can look up your state's information by using the drop down under "Choose a Jurisdiction" in the right column on this page: http://www.ncbex.org/

There's also a bunch of state-to-state bar exam information here: http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... pGuide.pdf

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”