bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Holly Golightly

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Bedsole wrote:
cendien wrote:Passed GA. Holy shit.

Also, mirror of results for anyone looking: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmdou8eavkeh0 ... s_list.pdf

Congrats!
I like the asterisk MPRE approach. NC just doesn't tell you if you passed the bar until you get the MPRE done.

That is EVIL. I haven't even taken the MPRE yet.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:57 am

Also, mirror of results for anyone looking: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmdou8eavkeh0 ... s_list.pdf

Congrats and thanks for this public service. Was sitting in my office yesterday unable to see my results b/c the site was down (shocker), but thanks to you this link got passed around my firm's first years and I was able to step off the ledge

Void

Postby Void » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:29 am

stratocophic wrote:

Congrats and thanks for this public service. Was sitting in my office yesterday unable to see my results b/c the site was down (shocker), but thanks to you this link got passed around my firm's first years and I was able to step off the ledge

Step off the ledge, or step back from the ledge?

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:57 am

I passed yesterday too, thank goodness. And yes, thank you for posting the list. I wasn't able to get onto the website either.

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Michigan sent results out Thursday... Apparently the only areas that were serviced by the USPS are freaking Lansing and Grand Rapids. No one I know has received results in the Metro Detroit region.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Void wrote:
stratocophic wrote:

Step off the ledge, or step back from the ledge?

... that'd be "back from." Diction, as it turns out, still matters.

Rugby15

Postby Rugby15 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:35 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:So I may wanna waive into DC. Their app says its $400 but everyone I seem to remember people on TLS last year saying it was way more expensive. How much does requesting copies of your MPRE and MBE to send them cost? Also, its takes 8+ months to waive in, seriously?

I have heard that if you physically hand in your DC paperwork instead of mailing it that they give you a temporary license and you can practice nearly immediately. I don't know from personal experience though.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:27 pm

1. How long after I send my certificate with the fee to the PA Prothonotary do I get my certificate?

2. Once I have my certificate in the mail am I officially "barred" given that the ceremony is symbolic only? Are there any other hoops they are gonna make me jump through?

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:16 am

Rugby15 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:So I may wanna waive into DC. Their app says its $400 but everyone I seem to remember people on TLS last year saying it was way more expensive. How much does requesting copies of your MPRE and MBE to send them cost? Also, its takes 8+ months to waive in, seriously?

I have heard that if you physically hand in your DC paperwork instead of mailing it that they give you a temporary license and you can practice nearly immediately. I don't know from personal experience though.

False. Also, you have to pay several hundred to take a class in-person within so many months of being admitted.

tx1987

Postby tx1987 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:39 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
Bedsole wrote:

Congrats!
I like the asterisk MPRE approach. NC just doesn't tell you if you passed the bar until you get the MPRE done.

Haha, LOVE your picture.

Also, I already posted about NY bar results but my "I failed and everyone knows" nightmares are getting increasingly worse. In the last couple of years, the board has released the July results around the first week of November. Well, Friday is the 1st (can't believe how time flies!). Does anyone think we might get our results this week??? People here seem to be privy to rumors, so has anyone heard any about NY??

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:50 am

tx1987 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Bedsole wrote:

Congrats!

Haha, LOVE your picture.

Also, I already posted about NY bar results but my "I failed and everyone knows" nightmares are getting increasingly worse. In the last couple of years, the board has released the July results around the first week of November. Well, Friday is the 1st (can't believe how time flies!). Does anyone think we might get our results this week??? People here seem to be privy to rumors, so has anyone heard any about NY??

Last couple of years it was Nov. 2nd but this year the exam was a week later. I would bet on Nov. 7th/8th.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
Bedsole wrote:
Congrats!

Yeah, that's such a ridiculous way to do it. My original statement may not be entirely correct, in that they may tell you, but you have to wait for the snail mail news. I suppose that's the price you pay for being among the first (if not THE first) states to get bar results.

Here's what that looks like: --LinkRemoved--

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 am

Texas results this week. Come on, get it over with.

Kobe824

Postby Kobe824 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:17 am

kalvano wrote:Texas results this week. Come on, get it over with.

Yep, and it's about damn time. Hopefully we get them Thursday.

phonepro

Postby phonepro » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:19 am

When are NY results supposed to come out? Friday?

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:30 pm

phonepro wrote:When are NY results supposed to come out? Friday?

heard it was the first week in November... so maybe next friday

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Success. Passed in Michigan.

Void

Postby Void » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Baylan wrote:Success. Passed in Michigan.

Congrats!

Good luck to the Texans.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:57 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:1. How long after I send my certificate with the fee to the PA Prothonotary do I get my certificate?

2. Once I have my certificate in the mail am I officially "barred" given that the ceremony is symbolic only? Are there any other hoops they are gonna make me jump through?

Sent mine on Tuesday and got it today.

Yes. I have my attorney ID number and date of admission. No other hoops.

IrwinM.Fletcher

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 am

So, the end result is that I studied way too hard. 158 overall. 159 MBE, 157 essays in Michigan. I also got rip-roaring drunk at my good friends' wedding the Saturday before, and had festivities all weekend long. Looks like that was perfect for me.

An absolutely incredible day. Except for my non-lawyer friends at the bar last night ordering nasty shots (Prairie Fire, anyone?) and the mild headache I have in the office this morning.

To everyone still waiting: enjoy that day, its glorious!

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 am

They were released a day early last time.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Void wrote:
Baylan wrote:Success. Passed in Michigan.

Congrats!

Good luck to the Texans.

Spctorres

Postby Spctorres » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Does anyone know around what time Texas bar results come out on Thursday?

Kobe824

Postby Kobe824 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Spctorres wrote:Does anyone know around what time Texas bar results come out on Thursday?

In the past, it's been released sometime between noon and 1 PM.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”