bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
waxecstatic

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby waxecstatic » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:50 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Is there any way to find out if someone passed the bar exam besides asking them (thus running the risk of reducing them to tears)?

I would just wait until the other person brings it up. I wouldn't flat out ask someone if they passed.

For real, if someone passes and you are friends with them, you'll know.

Postby 02122015 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Good luck IL bros and Holly

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:04 pm

MSPeast wrote:Good luck IL bros and Holly

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Good luck IL folks!

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks guys. Fairly convinced I failed at the moment...

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Ugh. February. Does anyone know if Themis gives a hard time with the "retake"? I don't want my $ back but I would like to take the course. I took TWO states and got to 75%. With one state it probably would have been 85% or so.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Ugh. February. Does anyone know if Themis gives a hard time with the "retake"? I don't want my $ back but I would like to take the course. I took TWO states and got to 75%. With one state it probably would have been 85% or so.

I hear Themis is very relaxed about giving you the free course but extremely difficult on the refund so you should be fine.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:Ugh. February. Does anyone know if Themis gives a hard time with the "retake"? I don't want my $ back but I would like to take the course. I took TWO states and got to 75%. With one state it probably would have been 85% or so.

I hear Themis is very relaxed about giving you the free course but extremely difficult on the refund so you should be fine.

Nice. I just want to pass this damn thing. Boss was ok with me failing this state but he told me if I fail state #2 I'm gone. Yikes. Already nervous since I have to wait another month for those and I got an atrocious MBE score in this state (128 scaled).

rock steady

Postby rock steady » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Thanks guys. Fairly convinced I failed at the moment...

What makes you think you failed, Holly?

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:

Nice. I just want to pass this damn thing. Boss was ok with me failing this state but he told me if I fail state #2 I'm gone. Yikes. Already nervous since I have to wait another month for those and I got an atrocious MBE score in this state (128 scaled).

Did you actually fail based on results or were you not able to figure out the investigation deal? PM if you don't wanna go pubic.

Charles Barkley

Postby Charles Barkley » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:43 pm

I passed the FL bar.

Big thanks to people who studied with me on here using Themis.

JAGGER

Postby JAGGER » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Bronx Bum wrote: Nice. I just want to pass this damn thing. Boss was ok with me failing this state but he told me if I fail state #2 I'm gone. Yikes. Already nervous since I have to wait another month for those and I got an atrocious MBE score in this state (128 scaled).

Flame? You said you got a 181/200 on the Themis practice MBE in the Themis thread, and that you were getting like 90/100 on 100-problem sets...

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
MSPeast wrote:Good luck IL bros and Holly

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Also, with everyone's super high MBE scores I'm hoping this means that a lot of questions were thrown out or that two answers were given credit for some of them or something. I'm trying to grasp onto anything in order to get myself through October.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm

rock steady wrote:

I had a really hard summer and was not very good or disciplined at studying, even towards the end. I really pushed the limits of the whole "just use IRAC and make up the law" thing. lol. Really banking on the MBE to pull me through, but just like everyone else I did not feel great walking out of the MBE.

rock steady

Postby rock steady » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
rock steady wrote:

I had a really hard summer and was not very good or disciplined at studying, even towards the end. I really pushed the limits of the whole "just use IRAC and make up the law" thing. lol. Really banking on the MBE to pull me through, but just like everyone else I did not feel great walking out of the MBE.

Good luck, the wait is almost over!

Agoraphobia

Postby Agoraphobia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:47 pm

I heard the same as Desert Fox about the IL results historically being released at 12:01 am (CST) on October 1 but last year was 10 am for some reason. This person told me that he knew people who had stayed up between midnight and 10 am waiting for results. I could not bear it. I was thinking I'd stay up til midnight and then go to bed if they weren't out by 12:15 or so, but part of me says I really need the sleep, and what's the difference if I find out in the wee hours of the morning or as I am showing up at work? If I fail it sucks bad anyway. At least I would have gotten a night's sleep.

sequenza

Postby sequenza » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 am

If you can sleep I would get the rest. The problem is that most cannot sleep. Good luck.

ReelectClayDavis

Postby ReelectClayDavis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 am

Joe Quincy wrote:On one hand, I wish I knew for sure when VA results would be out. On the other, at least I don't have a specific day to count down to.

Doesn't the Virginia bar examiners' website say results will not be out until October 31st? A release around 2 weeks before that would be more consistent with those in past years, but it seems that in those past years they had advertised that the release date would be mid-month? Or is there other evidence out there that suggests earlier in October?

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:49 am

ReelectClayDavis wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:On one hand, I wish I knew for sure when VA results would be out. On the other, at least I don't have a specific day to count down to.

Doesn't the Virginia bar examiners' website say results will not be out until October 31st? A release around 2 weeks before that would be more consistent with those in past years, but it seems that in those past years they had advertised that the release date would be mid-month? Or is there other evidence out there that suggests earlier in October?

They said Oct 31 but I think they say that every year. In past years (at least the last 3-5 years) they've released as early as Oct 7 but no later than Oct 21. But then again, maybe they announced a different day, I don't know.

I take that Oct 31 as buying time so people don't call with a plan to release early. I mean, why would it take weeks longer? Nothing has changed.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am

Waiting. Have already checked the website several times since midnight CST. Hate everything.

jockinjay-z

Postby jockinjay-z » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 am

Holly Golightly wrote:Waiting. Have already checked the website several times since midnight CST. Hate everything.

+1 this was easily the worst night of sleep I've had in a while.

balzie94

Postby balzie94 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 am

Holly Golightly wrote:Waiting. Have already checked the website several times since midnight CST. Hate everything.

I'm beginning to wonder whether they will even post results today. I didn't realize that last year the test was administered on July 23 and.24. Also, the email they sent us two weeks ago said that we would be receiving results in "about" two weeks.

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 am

Bronx Bum wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:

I believe you're trolling.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

balzie94 wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder whether they will even post results today. I didn't realize that last year the test was administered on July 23 and.24. Also, the email they sent us two weeks ago said that we would be receiving results in "about" two weeks.

Yeah, and it appears from their twitter that Feb results did not post on April 1 this year. But we still better fucking find out today. For the last several years, they have lawns released on October 1.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”