bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Bronx Bum » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:25 pm

YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT



Not generally a good sign. Everything okay?

JAGGER
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby JAGGER » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT


Something that you didn't report on your law school applications that they uncovered later on? Not assuming your guilty, of course, but I've heard that's a common reason for investigating.

User avatar
Gamecubesupreme
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT


This would give me a heart attack if I see it.

User avatar
Joe Quincy
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Joe Quincy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT


This would give me a heart attack if I see it.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT

Oh god, if you got that I seriously feel for you. Good luck.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT


This would give me a heart attack if I see it.



Hopefully Bronx has a super common name, the "other Bronx" fucked up, and the paperwork is just messed up.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Is there any way to find out if someone passed the bar exam besides asking them (thus running the risk of reducing them to tears)?

User avatar
Pretzel_Logic
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Is there any way to find out if someone passed the bar exam besides asking them (thus running the risk of reducing them to tears)?


I was actually wondering how I was going to let my friends who took the bar know either way since we've been chattering about it for eight weeks straight.

irish017
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby irish017 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT

Happens a lot more than you would think - often to no avail.

I sincerely would not worry about having anything that is so material that it will prevent you from bar admission when you pass.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby 02122015 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Tag since this one isn't in my posts.

I apparently have to wait until October 7th, no idea what time of day the results go up or if we get an e-mail notification. All I know is that our results will be posted to our applicant portals sometime on Oct 7.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:30 pm

PA hasn't even updated their Bar Exam site since Sep. 9th. Outside of them telling us "sometime in October" I don' really even know when we are getting them or how.

Miller32
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Miller32 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:47 am

BarbellDreams wrote:PA hasn't even updated their Bar Exam site since Sep. 9th. Outside of them telling us "sometime in October" I don' really even know when we are getting them or how.


I -emailed the board of law examiners in my state and they were nice enough to give me a date and time. Might not work obviously, but worth a shot if you really want to know (although the fact that I knew only prevented me from sleeping for an entire night and raised my blood pressure to stroke out levels, so not sure it's worth it).

User avatar
iwakeboard
Posts: 8273
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby iwakeboard » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:52 am

Bronx Bum wrote:YOUR FILE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MISCONDUCT

:shock:

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 am

Pretzel_Logic wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Is there any way to find out if someone passed the bar exam besides asking them (thus running the risk of reducing them to tears)?


I was actually wondering how I was going to let my friends who took the bar know either way since we've been chattering about it for eight weeks straight.


Just asked her, she started weeping. Sigh.

JAGGER
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby JAGGER » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:46 am

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
Just asked her, she started weeping. Sigh.


Ouch. What state?

User avatar
Pretzel_Logic
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 am

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Is there any way to find out if someone passed the bar exam besides asking them (thus running the risk of reducing them to tears)?


I was actually wondering how I was going to let my friends who took the bar know either way since we've been chattering about it for eight weeks straight.


Just asked her, she started weeping. Sigh.


Oh no. :( That's awful.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:49 am

JAGGER wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
Just asked her, she started weeping. Sigh.


Ouch. What state?


Florida. The whole thing is a hot mess, but she repeatedly told me to check in with her so we could go out drinking if she passed. (She would come visit Chicago.)

Lhutz
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Lhutz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Anyone who passed Florida get their mailed results and oath yet?

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Is there any way to find out if someone passed the bar exam besides asking them (thus running the risk of reducing them to tears)?


I would just wait until the other person brings it up. I wouldn't flat out ask someone if they passed.

Rootbeer
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Rootbeer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Lhutz wrote:Anyone who passed Florida get their mailed results and oath yet?


Got results in the mail today. They only gave me scaled scores for each part and the average. No score breakdown or oath information, but they're still working on C&F clearance since I unfortunately didn't decide to come back home until this year. I have no idea if people who failed or are cleared already receive anything different.

JAGGER
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby JAGGER » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Rootbeer wrote:
Lhutz wrote:Anyone who passed Florida get their mailed results and oath yet?


Got results in the mail today. They only gave me scaled scores for each part and the average. No score breakdown or oath information, but they're still working on C&F clearance since I unfortunately didn't decide to come back home until this year. I have no idea if people who failed or are cleared already receive anything different.


Would you mind sharing your MBE score vs the average?

Rootbeer
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Rootbeer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 pm

JAGGER wrote:
Rootbeer wrote:
Lhutz wrote:Anyone who passed Florida get their mailed results and oath yet?


Got results in the mail today. They only gave me scaled scores for each part and the average. No score breakdown or oath information, but they're still working on C&F clearance since I unfortunately didn't decide to come back home until this year. I have no idea if people who failed or are cleared already receive anything different.


Would you mind sharing your MBE score vs the average?


Sure...I got a 157 scaled on the MBE. When I said average, though, I meant my overall score when averaged with the Florida portion. I'm guessing you're looking for the average taker score, which I wish I had too.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 pm

.
Last edited by rad lulz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lhutz
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Lhutz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:13 pm

rad lulz wrote:Fl taker here.

158 for fl

176 for MBE


Wow, congrats! You destroyed the MBE. I was shocked that I passed the Florida section. I'm expecting to see an exact 136 for Section A when I get my results.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, redsxfan2010, ThePlusEquestrian, ValeVale and 10 guests