bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rock steady

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rock steady » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Wow, she left an entire essay blank? I'm interested to know how her individual scores turn out.

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 pm

rock steady wrote:Wow, she left an entire essay blank? I'm interested to know how her individual scores turn out.

See my edit. I'm sure she jotted something in it but she had like 3-4 minutes so it wouldn't have been a lot.

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:Not sure, I know she did one prep company or another. She went to a T4 and isn't the brightest though..several vacations during bar prep despite also having a kid to take care of. To be fair, she may have put something in the one essay and not entirely blank but not sure. I know she ran out of time on both sections of the MBE and the final essay portion though.

This may be more encouraging than anything else on TLS.

Miller32

Postby Miller32 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Almost too encouraging to be believable. MBE fail, one essay almost blank, and still passed?

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm

ajax adonis wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:Our results don't post for over two weeks and the board simply posts the passing names on their webpage. I am in the struggle of my life to decide whether I'll scroll down to my name or control+F search for it. I don't know that I could take the "0 of 0" clunk an unsuccessful search for my name would produce. Waiting is soul crushing.

This is an incredibly good point. 0 for 0 clunk would make my heart explode.

I can't take the clunk. I decided a long time ago that I am scrolling. I've seriously thought about this way before even taking the bar. :)

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:02 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
ajax adonis wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:Our results don't post for over two weeks and the board simply posts the passing names on their webpage. I am in the struggle of my life to decide whether I'll scroll down to my name or control+F search for it. I don't know that I could take the "0 of 0" clunk an unsuccessful search for my name would produce. Waiting is soul crushing.

This is an incredibly good point. 0 for 0 clunk would make my heart explode.

I can't take the clunk. I decided a long time ago that I am scrolling. I've seriously thought about this way before even taking the bar. :)

I think this is what I'm going to do. I'll scroll down quick and hope I see my name, paying no attention to the alphabetical order. If I can't find it after a minute I may give myself a minute to contemplate failure and only then try the ctrl+F search.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
rock steady wrote:Wow, she left an entire essay blank? I'm interested to know how her individual scores turn out.

See my edit. I'm sure she jotted something in it but she had like 3-4 minutes so it wouldn't have been a lot.

This is a triumph. She must have done well on the other essays and fl mc and barely failed the MBE to make this work

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:

This is a triumph. She must have done well on the other essays and fl mc and barely failed the MBE to make this work

Yeah, no idea. She was so sure she failed I'm not sure she was ever going to look. I had to convince her for 20 minutes to go check her scores.

SimpleGrainFarmer

Postby SimpleGrainFarmer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:

Yeah, no idea. She was so sure she failed I'm not sure she was ever going to look. I had to convince her for 20 minutes to go check her scores.

Thank you Joe Quincy for making every person viewing this thread feel a bit better about getting their results.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:32 pm

SimpleGrainFarmer wrote:
Thank you Joe Quincy for making every person viewing this thread feel a bit better about getting their results.

LOL, your welcome. Sadly she's good at this in several aspects of life.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
SimpleGrainFarmer wrote:

You sound like a great friend. :|

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm

iwakeboard wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:Not sure, I know she did one prep company or another. She went to a T4 and isn't the brightest though..several vacations during bar prep despite also having a kid to take care of. To be fair, she may have put something in the one essay and not entirely blank but not sure. I know she ran out of time on both sections of the MBE and the final essay portion though.

This may be more encouraging than anything else on TLS.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:54 pm

rad lulz wrote:pass pass pass

Late to the party here, but a big congrats to you! There wasn't any doubt.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:
SimpleGrainFarmer wrote:

You sound like a great friend. :|

Oh I'm supportive of her to her. She's less of a friend and more of an acquaintance I see once every 5 years (maybe 5 times total in my life). I encouraged her for 20 minutes to calm her down so she could check her score because I assumed her other friends don't understand. She just makes questionable decisions repeatedly. She's that person you know who you can always think about and realize...well, my life could be worse but in this case its almost like she has purposely decided to put herself in these situations over and over again.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm

PASSED THE BAR. 8)

Massive partying will ensue.

To those still waiting: I am so sorry. Soon your day will come.

Nynaeve

Postby Nynaeve » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:55 pm

NY bar people: re: those affidavits from our past legal employers. can they scan them to us, notarized and signed and filled out, or do they need to give us the completed hard copies?

Void

Postby Void » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 pm

evilxs wrote:PASSED THE BAR. 8)

Massive partying will ensue.

To those still waiting: I am so sorry. Soon your day will come.

Congrats!

Miller32

Postby Miller32 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 am

Pass

SimpleGrainFarmer

Postby SimpleGrainFarmer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

Miller32 wrote:Pass

Congrats Miller! Same here. Indiana received their results this morning.

For those still fretting: I want to also say that I felt okay on the MBE, but my state specific essays were a disaster. You can likely have several screw ups and still pass that hellbeast.

rock steady

Postby rock steady » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Congrats, Miller and Farmer!

Farmer, did FL give you your score breakdown? How much of a disaster were your state essays?

SimpleGrainFarmer

Postby SimpleGrainFarmer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:29 pm

rock steady wrote:Congrats, Miller and Farmer!

Farmer, did FL give you your score breakdown? How much of a disaster were your state essays?

I actually took the Indiana bar exam. Our breakdown is 20% MPT/30% Ind. Essays/50% MBE. We had 6 state specific essays. The first essay I knocked out of the park, but the remaining 5 were piecemeal at best. I actually had a freakout and left the testing room for about 5-10 minutes to get my shit back together if that provides any context. On a scale of 1-12, the first was about a 10 and the rest likely ranged from 2-6.

Someone posted that they bombed a portion yesterday and it gave me a bit of solice since my essay performance was working on me as well. Hopefully each of you reading this pass and I hope the best for all of you.

Edit: I was not given a breakdown of my score. Hence, the estimates above.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Grats new passers! Also, whoever poasted MO's UBE breakdown I thank you. It's helped calm my nerves for CO's UBE results.

rock steady

Postby rock steady » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:15 pm

SimpleGrainFarmer wrote:
rock steady wrote:Congrats, Miller and Farmer!

I actually took the Indiana bar exam. Our breakdown is 20% MPT/30% Ind. Essays/50% MBE. We had 6 state specific essays. The first essay I knocked out of the park, but the remaining 5 were piecemeal at best. I actually had a freakout and left the testing room for about 5-10 minutes to get my shit back together if that provides any context. On a scale of 1-12, the first was about a 10 and the rest likely ranged from 2-6.

Someone posted that they bombed a portion yesterday and it gave me a bit of solice since my essay performance was working on me as well. Hopefully each of you reading this pass and I hope the best for all of you.

Edit: I was not given a breakdown of my score. Hence, the estimates above.

Thanks for the info. I'm also worried about two essays, but one in particular, which was just straight up nasty. But it gives me some solace that you don't have to ace every single essay to do well. Congrats again!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”