bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
philosoraptor

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby philosoraptor » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:19 am

Maryland makes us wait until around Nov. 1 for some reason. As if my first 2-3 weeks at work won't be stressful enough...

Encouraging to hear about all the passing, though!

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am

For the record I thought the MBE was VERY difficult. Midterm score was 118.

Miller32

Postby Miller32 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am

Found out the answer to my own question. Indiana results tomorrow at 9 a.m. if anyone is wondering.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:26 am

Congrats, Florida bros (and bros in other states that have heard).

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:38 am

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:39 am

Damn, one of my friends failed the Iowa bar.

And he is a smart guy too...now I am really nervous for the PA bar's result.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 am

Congrats all!

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

Distant friend of mine took FL but hasn't looked. Doesn't want bad news? WTF? I want to know one way or the other ASAP.

JAGGER

Postby JAGGER » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Damn, one of my friends failed the Iowa bar.

This is terrifying. Iowa has like a 90% first time-passage rate and is considered possibly the easiest bar in the nation... The guy must have totally freaked on the day of the exam and/or not prepared well.

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:15 pm

JAGGER wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:Damn, one of my friends failed the Iowa bar.

This is terrifying. Iowa has like a 90% first time-passage rate and is considered possibly the easiest bar in the nation... The guy must have totally freaked on the day of the exam and/or not prepared well.

He said he gave up on trying to keep up with Barbri after 4 weeks and ended up doing everything at his own pace.

Not sure exactly how much work he did, but I definitely didn't finish Barbri's PACE program either : (

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
Not sure exactly how much work he did, but I definitely didn't finish Barbri's PACE program either : (

No one did. I stopped checking shit off like the first week of July and went my own way.

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

I used PACE as a daily guide but I quit checking stuff off because I'd load up some days heavier than others. Not finishing PACE is not a big deal, bro.

(hasn't received bar results yet)

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:Distant friend of mine took FL but hasn't looked. Doesn't want bad news? WTF? I want to know one way or the other ASAP.

If I didn't know when results were coming out, I would be able to wait. But since I know, I will be obsessively refreshing.

Pretzel_Logic

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:Distant friend of mine took FL but hasn't looked. Doesn't want bad news? WTF? I want to know one way or the other ASAP.

If I didn't know when results were coming out, I would be able to wait. But since I know, I will be obsessively refreshing.

This is also my plan for Friday morning. I'll be having a panic attack at the same time.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:35 pm

iwakeboard wrote:I used PACE as a daily guide but I quit checking stuff off because I'd load up some days heavier than others. Not finishing PACE is not a big deal, bro.

I did 75% of pace

Near the end I ended up doing more essays and MBE than they said, and minimal reading the conviser and whatnot (which the pace program said)

Pretzel_Logic

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 pm

rad lulz wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:I used PACE as a daily guide but I quit checking stuff off because I'd load up some days heavier than others. Not finishing PACE is not a big deal, bro.

I did 75% of pace

Near the end I ended up doing more essays and MBE than they said, and minimal reading the conviser and whatnot (which the pace program said)

Me too. I hope this bodes well for me.

GAHHHHHHH this week is already the longest ever.

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:51 pm

I don't remember where I ended but it was in the 60%-70% range.

Miller32

Postby Miller32 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Waiting for results to come out is about a thousand percent worse than I even thought it would be. It's the whole life-flashes-before-your-eyes syndrome, except the feeling lasts a full day.

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Our results don't post for over two weeks and the board simply posts the passing names on their webpage. I am in the struggle of my life to decide whether I'll scroll down to my name or control+F search for it. I don't know that I could take the "0 of 0" clunk an unsuccessful search for my name would produce. Waiting is soul crushing.

cpajd

Postby cpajd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:17 pm

iwakeboard wrote:I don't remember where I ended but it was in the 60%-70% range.

I remember when I first started Barbri and I made it my personal goal to do 100% of the PACE and put in 600 hours of study. When it was all finished I quit doing pace at about 60% I think, and my total hours in on study was about 450 hours. I was actually dorky enough to keep a spreadsheet with goals and actual study hours. Although I felt that I was putting in good work, it never felt like enough, and I felt like a total failure for not meeting my personal goals. But when I left the exam I actually felt okay, even though I had no idea how the score would turn out (yes, the MBE was pretty rough). I passed with even some breathing room. I'm glad I went off course and just went with my instincts rather than sticking to PACE completely.

Myself

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 pm

ajax adonis wrote:
brose002 wrote:
ajax adonis wrote:It looks like some states release their results ahead of when they said they officially would. Does anyone know if CA does that?

I would also like to know the answer to this question.

Re-ask.

Your google is as good as mine.

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm

iwakeboard wrote:Our results don't post for over two weeks and the board simply posts the passing names on their webpage. I am in the struggle of my life to decide whether I'll scroll down to my name or control+F search for it. I don't know that I could take the "0 of 0" clunk an unsuccessful search for my name would produce. Waiting is soul crushing.

I thought of this too. The names are in a separate frame if memory serves and I'm afraid I'd search the wrong frame, see zero, and have a heart attack.

In other news, my friend who was afraid to check FL passed even though she left one essay blank and guessed extensively on MBE (she actually failed MBE part).

iwakeboard

Postby iwakeboard » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:Our results don't post for over two weeks and the board simply posts the passing names on their webpage. I am in the struggle of my life to decide whether I'll scroll down to my name or control+F search for it. I don't know that I could take the "0 of 0" clunk an unsuccessful search for my name would produce. Waiting is soul crushing.

I thought of this too. The names are in a separate frame if memory serves and I'm afraid I'd search the wrong frame, see zero, and have a heart attack.

In other news, my friend who was afraid to check FL passed even though she left one essay blank and guessed extensively on MBE (she actually failed MBE part).

Wow :shock: How did she prepare?

Joe Quincy

Postby Joe Quincy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:37 pm

iwakeboard wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:

Wow :shock: How did she prepare?

Not sure, I know she did one prep company or another. She went to a T4 and isn't the brightest though..several vacations during bar prep despite also having a kid to take care of. To be fair, she may have put something in the one essay and not entirely blank but not sure. I know she ran out of time on both sections of the MBE and the final essay portion though.

Too bad its unlikely she'll find a job. She moved to FL despite her law school being across the country, has no connections, and we all know how bad the FL market is.
Last edited by Joe Quincy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”