bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 pm

usuaggie wrote:I got my score today. 324 combined for the UBE.

Grats man

Cop dat Idaho bar

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6392
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby 5ky » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:34 pm

ajax adonis wrote:Is the scaling standardized across states? Do all states use the scaled scores to determine bar passage? No states use raw scores right? Thanks for answering questions.


Supposedly NY has a somewhat different scaling process and only scales against other NY takers, or at least that's what I was told.

In the end, though, it doesn't really matter. It wouldn't have changed the way I studied and the end result is basically the same. Whatever process a state uses for scaling, it's the same for every applicant for that state. If State X scales 1 way and State Y scales another way or doesn't scale at all, and both have an 80% pass rate, then it's basically just academic.

jkay
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby jkay » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm

usuaggie wrote:I got my score today. 324 combined for the UBE.


Ballin'.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Today's the day for me. Results posting sometime this evening.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm

blurbz wrote:Today's the day for me. Results posting sometime this evening.

Missouri?

Gl dood

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 pm

rad lulz wrote:
blurbz wrote:Today's the day for me. Results posting sometime this evening.

Missouri?

Gl dood



Yep, thanks!

And keep fighting good fights on here (vale, lawyer's forum, etc). Respect.

User avatar
iwakeboard
Posts: 8274
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby iwakeboard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Best of luck, blurbz!

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm

iwakeboard wrote:Best of luck, blurbz!



Thanks! Part of me wishes they didn't tell us when scores were coming out. Today is awful.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:45 pm

blurbz wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:Best of luck, blurbz!



Thanks! Part of me wishes they didn't tell us when scores were coming out. Today is awful.

Making you wait until evening was pretty shitty of them

sequenza
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby sequenza » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Anyone else receive an update address email for Illinois Bar?

jockinjay-z
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:27 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby jockinjay-z » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 pm

sequenza wrote:Anyone else receive an update address email for Illinois Bar?



Yeah just got it. I hear we should know results by 10/1? Anyone know if this sounds correct?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:05 pm

jockinjay-z wrote:
sequenza wrote:Anyone else receive an update address email for Illinois Bar?



Yeah just got it. I hear we should know results by 10/1? Anyone know if this sounds correct?


I was a leettttle annoyed that they emailed me at all. Thought it was my score.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks for the kind words today: I passed!

I'll get my score breakdown tomorrow.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 pm

blurbz wrote:Thanks for the kind words today: I passed!

I'll get my score breakdown tomorrow.

Badass man

You ragin tonight?

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 pm

rad lulz wrote:
blurbz wrote:Thanks for the kind words today: I passed!

I'll get my score breakdown tomorrow.

Badass man

You ragin tonight?



Hell yes.

For those who are interested, here is the statistical breakdown for Missouri:

https://www.mble.org/getpdfform.action?id=1530

User avatar
Joe Quincy
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Joe Quincy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 pm

blurbz wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
blurbz wrote:Thanks for the kind words today: I passed!

I'll get my score breakdown tomorrow.

Badass man

You ragin tonight?



Hell yes.

For those who are interested, here is the statistical breakdown for Missouri:

https://www.mble.org/getpdfform.action?id=1530


Thanks for this. So...the average raw MBE score across the board was a 127.8 (approx 143.8 scaled). Of the Missouri takers, the average first time MBE was a 146.89 (highest was a 182.9!!?!!)

Edit: Obviously none of these numbers are super unexpected given the scale...

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
Thanks for this. So...the average raw MBE score across the board was a 127.8 (approx 143.8 scaled). Of the Missouri takers, the average first time MBE was a 146.89 (highest was a 182.9!!?!!)

Edit: Obviously none of these numbers are super unexpected given the scale...


Yeah, Missouri slightly outperformed the national average, but only by a few percentage points. And at least one person beasted the MBE.

User avatar
Royal
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Royal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
blurbz wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
blurbz wrote:Thanks for the kind words today: I passed!

I'll get my score breakdown tomorrow.

Badass man

You ragin tonight?



Hell yes.

For those who are interested, here is the statistical breakdown for Missouri:

https://www.mble.org/getpdfform.action?id=1530


Thanks for this. So...the average raw MBE score across the board was a 127.8 (approx 143.8 scaled). Of the Missouri takers, the average first time MBE was a 146.89 (highest was a 182.9!!?!!)

Edit: Obviously none of these numbers are super unexpected given the scale...



Congrats on passing and thanks for posting this.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like it was actually a 146 average MBE (scaled) and a 128 raw. At least I think this would mean that a 128 raw MBE would earn you a 146 -- an 18 point curve for a 128. Since the curve increases as the raw score decreases, this might mean that a raw score of 118 or 119 could net a 20 point curve.

User avatar
Joe Quincy
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Joe Quincy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Royal wrote:
Unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like it was actually a 146 average MBE (scaled) and a 128 raw. At least I think this would mean that a 128 raw MBE would earn you a 146 -- an 18 point curve for a 128. Since the curve increases as the raw score decreases, this might mean that a raw score of 118 or 119 could net a 20 point curve.


Not quite. They give the average MBE score in each subject, but that doesn't mean the average person earned that score in each subject.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6392
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby 5ky » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 pm

I like that the Palindrome MPT average was relatively high, since that's the one we had in NY.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6392
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby 5ky » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm also not sure what to make of Evidence being the lowest average score by quite a bit. Doesn't really bode that well for me, as my best subject.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 am

Just got my score breakdown.

Re: MBE

I got a 148 raw score which translated into a 163.5 scaled score.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:57 am

blurbz wrote:Just got my score breakdown.

Re: MBE

I got a 148 raw score which translated into a 163.5 scaled score.

Ballinnnnn

Was this in line with your recent MBE practice scores?

User avatar
IrwinM.Fletcher
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:00 am

blurbz wrote:Just got my score breakdown.

Re: MBE

I got a 148 raw score which translated into a 163.5 scaled score.

Megacongrats dude, you killed it.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby blurbz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 am

rad lulz wrote:Ballinnnnn

Was this in line with your recent MBE practice scores?



Thanks! I was scoring right around there on the Barbri questions and I got a 165 on the single NCBE set I bought. So almost exactly in line with my practice scores.


IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:Megacongrats dude, you killed it.


Thank you!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shineoncrazydiamond and 5 guests