bar results waiting thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
memo2partner

New

bar results waiting thread

Post by memo2partner » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 pm

The waiting is killing me. Is everyone thinking they passed? I don't know about that MBE-it was hard for me. I'm holding onto my barbri materials in case I need to retake in February. This waiting sucks big time.

spartjdawg

New

Re: bar results waiting thread

Post by spartjdawg » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:20 am

For me, could go either way (California). Felt very confident on MBE, but my essays and PTs are a craps shoot. Day 1 PT bad, Day 1 essays good. Day 2 essays bad, Day 2 PT good. Ehhhhh.....

Joan Hollaway

Silver

Post by Joan Hollaway » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:57 pm

memo2partner wrote:The waiting is killing me. Is everyone thinking they passed? I don't know about that MBE-it was hard for me. I'm holding onto my barbri materials in case I need to retake in February. This waiting sucks big time.
Barbri guarantee bro, if you fail you get to retake Barbri for free

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Posted this in the thread in the Lounge as well, but NC results are apparently going to be mailed out on Friday. To answer your questions above: no confidence that I passed and agreed that the MBE sucked.

Royal

Bronze

Post by Royal » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 am

PirateCap'n wrote:Posted this in the thread in the Lounge as well, but NC results are apparently going to be mailed out on Friday. To answer your questions above: no confidence that I passed and agreed that the MBE sucked.
Anyone know if they will include raw/scaled MBE scores so that the rest of us in different states waiting it out can get an insight into the curve?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

memo2partner

New

Post by memo2partner » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:31 am

why can't other states get their results back in a month like nc

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 am

Royal wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:Posted this in the thread in the Lounge as well, but NC results are apparently going to be mailed out on Friday. To answer your questions above: no confidence that I passed and agreed that the MBE sucked.
Anyone know if they will include raw/scaled MBE scores so that the rest of us in different states waiting it out can get an insight into the curve?
Nope. NC won't give you a score unless you fail, and, even then, you have to request the scores/scales and all after the fact, which takes at least a few weeks to get to the test taker.

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:37 pm

That's incredible NC let's you know in a month. How come they're able to grade them faster than other states? Is it that they have more graders? Less people take the test?

AnxiousMVPBer

New

Post by AnxiousMVPBer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 pm

The waiting definitely sucks. Not thinking I passed--and this is not false humility. However, I'm hoping it is just pessimism. I'm curious, what are peoples' situation here? As in: school range, grade range, whether or not they have a job lined up and how long they studied for.

I'm from MVPB, obviously. Just below median except for 3L, when I was above median. Job lined up at a V50. I only did the Barbri videos from home before the July 4th weekend--no review, no questions, no reading, nothing. Cranked it up after July 6th , but even then still only managed 8 hours a day or so until the 29th. Think I did a total of 800 MBE q's, read/studied the Conviser through completely a couple times, and read or outlined probably 40-50 essays. I feel like allowing myself just a couple more weeks to really grind on MBE Q's and essays would have made a ton of difference.

What about others?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Joe Quincy

Bronze

Post by Joe Quincy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:16 pm

AnxiousMVPBer wrote:The waiting definitely sucks. Not thinking I passed--and this is not false humility. However, I'm hoping it is just pessimism. I'm curious, what are peoples' situation here? As in: school range, grade range, whether or not they have a job lined up and how long they studied for.

I'm from MVPB, obviously. Just below median except for 3L, when I was above median. Job lined up at a V50. I only did the Barbri videos from home before the July 4th weekend--no review, no questions, no reading, nothing. Cranked it up after July 6th , but even then still only managed 8 hours a day or so until the 29th. Think I did a total of 800 MBE q's, read/studied the Conviser through completely a couple times, and read or outlined probably 40-50 essays. I feel like allowing myself just a couple more weeks to really grind on MBE Q's and essays would have made a ton of difference.

What about others?
I think you still did more than I did. I started early but a cross-country move 3 weeks before killed my productivity in July. Then I barely slept (<3 hours) the two days before essay day. I still felt ok so I'm not stressed per se...but I'm not as positive as I'd like to be that I passed. I had been crushing the MBE in practice and felt like I did ok on test day but I disagreed with a number of the answers people settled on in the deleted bar thread so who knows.

I want to keep this account anonymous...but top 25% at a lower T14 school, job at a V100.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

AnxiousMVPBer wrote:The waiting definitely sucks. Not thinking I passed--and this is not false humility. However, I'm hoping it is just pessimism. I'm curious, what are peoples' situation here? As in: school range, grade range, whether or not they have a job lined up and how long they studied for.

What about others?
Too much post-bar gunning ITT

AnxiousMVPBer

New

Post by AnxiousMVPBer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:22 pm

rad lulz wrote: Too much post-bar gunning ITT
Definitely no gunning here.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Bottom of this thread indicates results are out for NC: http://all4jds.com/FORUMS/aft/21552/afpgj/4.aspx

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JAGGER

New

Post by JAGGER » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:48 pm

One month out, I barely remember anything about the bar exam. It's particularly crappy because regardless of how confident I may have felt when I walked out of the exam, with my current lack of knowledge I have no confidence and feel like everything hinges on what happens when I hit F5 a couple months from now. It would be awesome to get my results today, like the folks in NC.

In other words, I need to find something to occupy my mind right now, haha.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Waiting for NC in Greensboro- hopefully I get it tomorrow.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:29 pm

newyorker88 wrote:That's incredible NC let's you know in a month. How come they're able to grade them faster than other states? Is it that they have more graders? Less people take the test?
I assume it's because so many less people take it than New York, California, and Texas.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:32 pm

I think IL takes until like end of October?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Steelkilt

New

Post by Mr. Steelkilt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Got NC Bar results in the mail today. Postmarked yesterday.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Count me in. I felt like the first half of the MBE was very difficult and the second half was very easy, so I really have no clue how I did but leaning towards fail. Top 15% at T2. I have a job but it's bar passage contingent. Anxious as fuck.

kassiberg

New

Post by kassiberg » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Mr. Steelkilt wrote:Got NC Bar results in the mail today. Postmarked yesterday.
doesn't that mean that MBE across nation has been scored and scaled? doesn't that mean that all states should have been provided MBE scores for their bar applicants
already?

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:25 pm

kassiberg wrote:
doesn't that mean that MBE across nation has been scored and scaled? doesn't that mean that all states should have been provided MBE scores for their bar applicants
already?
Wondered the same thing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm

I mean the MBE is obviously scored and graded already but you wont get your score until the entire thing is graded. In NC the whole thing is graded, in other states it isnt.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:01 pm

kassiberg wrote:
already?
Some states have way more than just the MBE to grade. Texas has 40 short answer questions plus 12 essay questions.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Both exams I took have essays that need to be graded too, but I would still be interested to see how I did on the MBE (because personally I think it will be the MBE that makes me or breaks me).

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 am

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”