bar results waiting thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
blong4133

Bronze

Re: bar results waiting thread

Post by blong4133 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:05 pm

cpajd wrote:
blong4133 wrote:Found out today that I passed in West Virginia. Never been so relieved in my life.

Seat #119 in West Virginia also checking in here. Passed-- ready to celebrate tonight!
(I don't want to take another test the rest of my life....)
Congrats my fellow West Virginian! See you in Charleston!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:55 pm

I am insanely jealous of everyone that has their results or will soon. November 1st cannot get here soon enough.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:35 pm

kalvano wrote:I am insanely jealous of everyone that has their results or will soon. November 1st cannot get here soon enough.
Disagree. Fine not knowing and wish it were pre-interwebz so I wouldn't know she to expect something.

LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm

May be a different attitude depending on job status

Still lookin: "need results so I can let employers know"
Has job: "first one's a freebie"

memo2partner

New

Post by memo2partner » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:13 am

rad lulz wrote:May be a different attitude depending on job status

I don't know about that. I am not trying to tell my boss that I failed the bar (I can hear "well, then you're fired" loud and clear in my head).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cooleytruthsayer

New

Post by Cooleytruthsayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:17 am

memo2partner wrote:The waiting is killing me. Is everyone thinking they passed? I don't know about that MBE-it was hard for me. I'm holding onto my barbri materials in case I need to retake in February. This waiting sucks big time.
Just found this thread.
I feel you.
I'm in the same boat.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:17 am

memo2partner wrote:

I don't know about that. I am not trying to tell my boss that I failed the bar (I can hear "well, then you're fired" loud and clear in my head).
I actually will be fired if I fail. Like, it's in my written offer and everything. Gulp.

Cooleytruthsayer

New

Post by Cooleytruthsayer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 am

Void wrote:
memo2partner wrote:

I actually will be fired if I fail. Like, it's in my written offer and everything. Gulp.
Are you getting paid while you wait? If so, worst case scenario you are better off than the majority of people who get stuck retaking if you do have to (some money in pocket, and some additional experience for your benefit if not for resume)

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:25 am

Cooleytruthsayer wrote:
Void wrote:
memo2partner wrote:

Are you getting paid while you wait? If so, worst case scenario you are better off than the majority of people who get stuck retaking if you do have to (some money in pocket, and some additional experience for your benefit if not for resume)
No. Should have been more clear- I lose my job if I fail, and my job doesn't start until after results come out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rnf1292

New

Post by rnf1292 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Void wrote:
memo2partner wrote:

Ah. :shock: My offer materials make no mention of it..

Joe Quincy

Bronze

Post by Joe Quincy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:42 pm

rnf1292 wrote:
Void wrote:
memo2partner wrote:

Ah. :shock: My offer materials make no mention of it..
That blows. My firm explicitly gives you a second shot.

blong4133

Bronze

Post by blong4133 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Got my official results today. No information regarding the scale. Only know I got a 153 on the MBE. (I got a 120 on Barbri's midterm for reference as to the improvement). I'm shocked because I honestly felt that I guessed on 90% of those questions.

Joe Quincy

Bronze

Post by Joe Quincy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:15 pm

blong4133 wrote:Got my official results today. No information regarding the scale. Only know I got a 153 on the MBE. (I got a 120 on Barbri's midterm for reference as to the improvement). I'm shocked because I honestly felt that I guessed on 90% of those questions.
Congrats! How did you feel RE the MBE compared to the midterm?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:15 pm

blong4133 wrote:Got my official results today. No information regarding the scale. Only know I got a 153 on the MBE. (I got a 120 on Barbri's midterm for reference as to the improvement). I'm shocked because I honestly felt that I guessed on 90% of those questions.
Hey man that makes me feel really good because I got a 118 on my midterm. Thanks for that.

And congrats again

blong4133

Bronze

Post by blong4133 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
I didn't feel all that great while taking the midterm, but I took it at home and checked each section immediately after I finished, so I didn't have much time to sit and stew over it before I knew how I did.

I definitely felt much, much worse after the MBE. Whether it was because of the nerves or the fact that it was the real deal, or just because I didn't know how I did right after, I have no idea. I just know that I walked out of there and felt like I might as well fill out the application to take it again in February.

I think that I got so freaked out because I didn't know how I did immediately after. Every other time I knew how I did within 5 to 10 minutes. Also, now looking back on it, it probably wasn't much different then when I did all the practice questions. I'd have an idea of what I thought was the right answer, but was hardly ever 100% certain. The difference was, if there was a question that really bothered me while studying, I could stop, look it up and read the explanation. Obviously couldn't do that for the real thing. But I definitely felt much worse after the real thing.

And thanks again for the congrats!

iwakeboard

Platinum

Post by iwakeboard » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm

That is some great news, congratulations! Which state are you in? I scored a 118 on the midterm and felt really shitty after walking out of the MBE too.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Ugh, talk of the MBE is stressin' me out. I had to call the state bar to make sure my address was updated, and aked about MBE scores. We get all our materials at the same time next month.

Also, grats on people doing well!
Last edited by Bikeflip on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blong4133

Bronze

Post by blong4133 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:01 pm

iwakeboard wrote:That is some great news, congratulations! Which state are you in? I scored a 118 on the midterm and felt really shitty after walking out of the MBE too.
Thank you!

And I took the bar in West Virginia. But really, if there's one thing I learned during this whole process, it's that I about gave myself an ulcer over absolutely nothing. I passed with plenty of room to spare. I'm sure you all did fine as well! Just try and relax and have some faith (because I didn't and I have been miserable until yesterday...haha)
Last edited by blong4133 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwakeboard

Platinum

Post by iwakeboard » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 pm

blong4133 wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:That is some great news, congratulations! Which state are you in? I scored a 118 on the midterm and felt really shitty after walking out of the MBE too.
Thank you!

And I took the bar in West Virginia.
Ahh okay, I was shocked to see how few took the exam in West Virginia. Something like 186 people?

blong4133

Bronze

Post by blong4133 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 pm

iwakeboard wrote:
blong4133 wrote:
Thank you!

Ahh okay, I was shocked to see how few took the exam in West Virginia. Something like 186 people?
Yeah, there's usually not many...But 186 is low compared to the usual number. I think there's usually around 220 or so.

Which still makes me wonder why WV gets their results out a week after NC, and we literally have 1,000 less people sitting for our bar exam than they do.

iwakeboard

Platinum

Post by iwakeboard » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 pm

blong4133 wrote:
iwakeboard wrote:
blong4133 wrote:
Thank you!

Yeah, there's usually not many...But 186 is low compared to the usual number. I think there's usually around 220 or so.

Which still makes me wonder why WV gets their results out a week after NC, and we literally have 1,000 less people sitting for our bar exam than they do.
After reading about the cat in the Vale thread I have to wonder if NC even reads the essays.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 pm

80.3% passed the Idaho bar with a 280 minimum on the UBE

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Missouri results come out next Tuesday. Need a minimum 260 on the UBE. It's one of the lowest, but I'm still extremely nervous.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:53 pm

I also got a 118 on the Barbri midterm and felt savaged by the real thing. Good luck to my fellow 118ers.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 am

blong4133 wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:
I didn't feel all that great while taking the midterm, but I took it at home and checked each section immediately after I finished, so I didn't have much time to sit and stew over it before I knew how I did.

I definitely felt much, much worse after the MBE. Whether it was because of the nerves or the fact that it was the real deal, or just because I didn't know how I did right after, I have no idea. I just know that I walked out of there and felt like I might as well fill out the application to take it again in February.

I think that I got so freaked out because I didn't know how I did immediately after. Every other time I knew how I did within 5 to 10 minutes. Also, now looking back on it, it probably wasn't much different then when I did all the practice questions. I'd have an idea of what I thought was the right answer, but was hardly ever 100% certain. The difference was, if there was a question that really bothered me while studying, I could stop, look it up and read the explanation. Obviously couldn't do that for the real thing. But I definitely felt much worse after the real thing.

And thanks again for the congrats!

This describes me too. I checked answers as I went and it reassured me. I got a 135 on the midterm. 170 on a purchased ncbe test but I don't expect anything near that. Just hoping for a 270 to pass Utah. 280 would be nice to get Idaho too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”