bar results waiting thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mhd08

Bronze

Re: bar results waiting thread

Post by mhd08 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:10 pm

goodolgil wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Does anyone know when the other dates/locations are for the NJ swearing in ceremony? In my notification I was given the link to the 12/3 Trenton swearing in ceremony, but I already signed up for the 12/3 NY "intro to the practice" lecture that everyone has to do. Trying to find the other NJ swearing in ceremonies on their website but no such luck.
Where do you sign up for this lecture?
I'm assigned to the second department. If that's your department go to this website and click on "Orientation to the Profession Program": http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad ... ters.shtml If you're assigned to another department, I have no idea.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

mhd08 wrote:
goodolgil wrote:
mhd08 wrote:Does anyone know when the other dates/locations are for the NJ swearing in ceremony? In my notification I was given the link to the 12/3 Trenton swearing in ceremony, but I already signed up for the 12/3 NY "intro to the practice" lecture that everyone has to do. Trying to find the other NJ swearing in ceremonies on their website but no such luck.
Where do you sign up for this lecture?
I'm assigned to the second department. If that's your department go to this website and click on "Orientation to the Profession Program": http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/ad ... ters.shtml If you're assigned to another department, I have no idea.
I'm 2nd too. Thanks

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm

In NJ, anyone know at what point we are actually admitted if we do the oath card thing? Do they send us some kind of confirmation or something?

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Void wrote:In NJ, anyone know at what point we are actually admitted if we do the oath card thing? Do they send us some kind of confirmation or something?
I'm assuming its kinda like PA where after sending the card in you'll get a letter with your attorney ID number that says you are now officially admitted.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
Void wrote:In NJ, anyone know at what point we are actually admitted if we do the oath card thing? Do they send us some kind of confirmation or something?
I'm assuming its kinda like PA where after sending the card in you'll get a letter with your attorney ID number that says you are now officially admitted.
Cool- thanks. I know some states let you practice immediately after swearing in, so I wasn't sure since you don't really have to go to a ceremony in NJ

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm very late to the party but I passed Texas with a pretty low MBE score so anything is possible! :o

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

OasisFan wrote:I'm very late to the party but I passed Texas with a pretty low MBE score so anything is possible! :o
Congrats!! I regret not doing one of those "Most Efficient Studier" bets with classmates where everyone pitches in 10 bucks and the person with the lowest passing score wins the pot. I don't think that I would have won but I would love to know if someone passed with a 675 or something like that.

Samuel Patane

New

Post by Samuel Patane » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Do I have to send a check for NJ with my oath card? For PA it was $50 for filing and $50 for wall certificate and it stated those fees right on the instructions but on the NJ instructions it doesn't mention anything about paying money, it just says to send the oath in. Is it really free or am I missing something? I don't wanna delay this process because I failed to pay.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Samuel Patane wrote:Do I have to send a check for NJ with my oath card? For PA it was $50 for filing and $50 for wall certificate and it stated those fees right on the instructions but on the NJ instructions it doesn't mention anything about paying money, it just says to send the oath in. Is it really free or am I missing something? I don't wanna delay this process because I failed to pay.
I assumed we send it and then they send us some more information about wall certificates, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Still haven't been updated on my C&F for NJ, wat.

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 am

People who sent in the oath card for NJ: Did you get any info from your buddies on how long we hear something back? Aren't we technically admitted now that we sent the oath?

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:People who sent in the oath card for NJ: Did you get any info from your buddies on how long we hear something back? Aren't we technically admitted now that we sent the oath?
You're admitted when you get an acknowledgement of your admission after sending the card in according to the info sheet for the oath I think.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:People who sent in the oath card for NJ: Did you get any info from your buddies on how long we hear something back? Aren't we technically admitted now that we sent the oath?
You're admitted when you get an acknowledgement of your admission after sending the card in according to the info sheet for the oath I think.
Yeah this is my understanding too. We're supposed to hear back within 30 days of sending it in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:46 pm

FWIW sent in NJ oath card on the 8th. Got my attorney # today.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:07 pm

beach_terror wrote:Still haven't been updated on my C&F for NJ, wat.

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:32 pm

beach_terror wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Still haven't been updated on my C&F for NJ, wat.
What's ironic about that was I was arrested twice (disorderly conduct both times) in NJ. I had extra saved for the C&F expenses I anticipated. i guess good things do happen to bad people.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:FWIW sent in NJ oath card on the 8th. Got my attorney # today.
Also sent mine on the 8th. I didn't get anything in the mail yet but I was able to see that I am an active attorney with a NJ attorney ID# according to their website.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Void wrote:
Also sent mine on the 8th. I didn't get anything in the mail yet but I was able to see that I am an active attorney with a NJ attorney ID# according to their website.
You sir, are brilliant.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
Void wrote:
You sir, are brilliant.
Nah- just internet nerdy.

I still don't have dat letter of good standing, which I actually need for complex reasons. I'm assuming Bronx Bum got his. Hoping mine will be in my mailbox tomorrow. Come on, NJ!

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 am

Void wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
Void wrote:
You sir, are brilliant.
Nah- just internet nerdy.

I still don't have dat letter of good standing, which I actually need for complex reasons. I'm assuming Bronx Bum got his. Hoping mine will be in my mailbox tomorrow. Come on, NJ!
Didn't get it yet. Found out from the site.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 am

Since this has weirdly become the unofficial NJ thread, I got my certificate of good standing and stuff today after mailing in the oath card a few weeks back.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:02 pm

New York people, specifically 2nd dept, you call got your confirmation right?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”