bar results waiting thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
memo2partner
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

bar results waiting thread

Postby memo2partner » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 pm

The waiting is killing me. Is everyone thinking they passed? I don't know about that MBE-it was hard for me. I'm holding onto my barbri materials in case I need to retake in February. This waiting sucks big time.

spartjdawg
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:28 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby spartjdawg » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:20 am

For me, could go either way (California). Felt very confident on MBE, but my essays and PTs are a craps shoot. Day 1 PT bad, Day 1 essays good. Day 2 essays bad, Day 2 PT good. Ehhhhh.....

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:57 pm

memo2partner wrote:The waiting is killing me. Is everyone thinking they passed? I don't know about that MBE-it was hard for me. I'm holding onto my barbri materials in case I need to retake in February. This waiting sucks big time.


Barbri guarantee bro, if you fail you get to retake Barbri for free

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby PirateCap'n » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Posted this in the thread in the Lounge as well, but NC results are apparently going to be mailed out on Friday. To answer your questions above: no confidence that I passed and agreed that the MBE sucked.

User avatar
Royal
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Royal » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 am

PirateCap'n wrote:Posted this in the thread in the Lounge as well, but NC results are apparently going to be mailed out on Friday. To answer your questions above: no confidence that I passed and agreed that the MBE sucked.


Anyone know if they will include raw/scaled MBE scores so that the rest of us in different states waiting it out can get an insight into the curve?

memo2partner
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby memo2partner » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:31 am

why can't other states get their results back in a month like nc

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby PirateCap'n » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 am

Royal wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:Posted this in the thread in the Lounge as well, but NC results are apparently going to be mailed out on Friday. To answer your questions above: no confidence that I passed and agreed that the MBE sucked.


Anyone know if they will include raw/scaled MBE scores so that the rest of us in different states waiting it out can get an insight into the curve?


Nope. NC won't give you a score unless you fail, and, even then, you have to request the scores/scales and all after the fact, which takes at least a few weeks to get to the test taker.

User avatar
newyorker88
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby newyorker88 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:37 pm

That's incredible NC let's you know in a month. How come they're able to grade them faster than other states? Is it that they have more graders? Less people take the test?

AnxiousMVPBer
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby AnxiousMVPBer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 pm

The waiting definitely sucks. Not thinking I passed--and this is not false humility. However, I'm hoping it is just pessimism. I'm curious, what are peoples' situation here? As in: school range, grade range, whether or not they have a job lined up and how long they studied for.

I'm from MVPB, obviously. Just below median except for 3L, when I was above median. Job lined up at a V50. I only did the Barbri videos from home before the July 4th weekend--no review, no questions, no reading, nothing. Cranked it up after July 6th , but even then still only managed 8 hours a day or so until the 29th. Think I did a total of 800 MBE q's, read/studied the Conviser through completely a couple times, and read or outlined probably 40-50 essays. I feel like allowing myself just a couple more weeks to really grind on MBE Q's and essays would have made a ton of difference.

What about others?

User avatar
Joe Quincy
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Joe Quincy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:16 pm

AnxiousMVPBer wrote:The waiting definitely sucks. Not thinking I passed--and this is not false humility. However, I'm hoping it is just pessimism. I'm curious, what are peoples' situation here? As in: school range, grade range, whether or not they have a job lined up and how long they studied for.

I'm from MVPB, obviously. Just below median except for 3L, when I was above median. Job lined up at a V50. I only did the Barbri videos from home before the July 4th weekend--no review, no questions, no reading, nothing. Cranked it up after July 6th , but even then still only managed 8 hours a day or so until the 29th. Think I did a total of 800 MBE q's, read/studied the Conviser through completely a couple times, and read or outlined probably 40-50 essays. I feel like allowing myself just a couple more weeks to really grind on MBE Q's and essays would have made a ton of difference.

What about others?


I think you still did more than I did. I started early but a cross-country move 3 weeks before killed my productivity in July. Then I barely slept (<3 hours) the two days before essay day. I still felt ok so I'm not stressed per se...but I'm not as positive as I'd like to be that I passed. I had been crushing the MBE in practice and felt like I did ok on test day but I disagreed with a number of the answers people settled on in the deleted bar thread so who knows.

I want to keep this account anonymous...but top 25% at a lower T14 school, job at a V100.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby rad lulz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

AnxiousMVPBer wrote:The waiting definitely sucks. Not thinking I passed--and this is not false humility. However, I'm hoping it is just pessimism. I'm curious, what are peoples' situation here? As in: school range, grade range, whether or not they have a job lined up and how long they studied for.

I'm from MVPB, obviously. Just below median except for 3L, when I was above median. Job lined up at a V50. I only did the Barbri videos from home before the July 4th weekend--no review, no questions, no reading, nothing. Cranked it up after July 6th , but even then still only managed 8 hours a day or so until the 29th. Think I did a total of 800 MBE q's, read/studied the Conviser through completely a couple times, and read or outlined probably 40-50 essays. I feel like allowing myself just a couple more weeks to really grind on MBE Q's and essays would have made a ton of difference.

What about others?

Too much post-bar gunning ITT

AnxiousMVPBer
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby AnxiousMVPBer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:22 pm

rad lulz wrote: Too much post-bar gunning ITT


Definitely no gunning here.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Bottom of this thread indicates results are out for NC: http://all4jds.com/FORUMS/aft/21552/afpgj/4.aspx

JAGGER
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby JAGGER » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:48 pm

One month out, I barely remember anything about the bar exam. It's particularly crappy because regardless of how confident I may have felt when I walked out of the exam, with my current lack of knowledge I have no confidence and feel like everything hinges on what happens when I hit F5 a couple months from now. It would be awesome to get my results today, like the folks in NC.

In other words, I need to find something to occupy my mind right now, haha.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Waiting for NC in Greensboro- hopefully I get it tomorrow.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:29 pm

newyorker88 wrote:That's incredible NC let's you know in a month. How come they're able to grade them faster than other states? Is it that they have more graders? Less people take the test?


I assume it's because so many less people take it than New York, California, and Texas.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:32 pm

I think IL takes until like end of October?

Mr. Steelkilt
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Mr. Steelkilt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Got NC Bar results in the mail today. Postmarked yesterday.

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Void » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Count me in. I felt like the first half of the MBE was very difficult and the second half was very easy, so I really have no clue how I did but leaning towards fail. Top 15% at T2. I have a job but it's bar passage contingent. Anxious as fuck.

kassiberg
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby kassiberg » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Mr. Steelkilt wrote:Got NC Bar results in the mail today. Postmarked yesterday.


doesn't that mean that MBE across nation has been scored and scaled? doesn't that mean that all states should have been provided MBE scores for their bar applicants
already?

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Void » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:25 pm

kassiberg wrote:
Mr. Steelkilt wrote:Got NC Bar results in the mail today. Postmarked yesterday.


doesn't that mean that MBE across nation has been scored and scaled? doesn't that mean that all states should have been provided MBE scores for their bar applicants
already?


Wondered the same thing.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm

I mean the MBE is obviously scored and graded already but you wont get your score until the entire thing is graded. In NC the whole thing is graded, in other states it isnt.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby kalvano » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:01 pm

kassiberg wrote:
Mr. Steelkilt wrote:Got NC Bar results in the mail today. Postmarked yesterday.


doesn't that mean that MBE across nation has been scored and scaled? doesn't that mean that all states should have been provided MBE scores for their bar applicants
already?


Some states have way more than just the MBE to grade. Texas has 40 short answer questions plus 12 essay questions.

Void
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am

Re: bar results waiting thread

Postby Void » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Both exams I took have essays that need to be graded too, but I would still be interested to see how I did on the MBE (because personally I think it will be the MBE that makes me or breaks me).

Myself
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:36 pm

.

Postby Myself » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 am

.
Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChristineBaskets, Egzon and 5 guests