What Notes to Write?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FlowBro

Bronze

What Notes to Write?

Postby FlowBro » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

2 of my 3 courses don't allow laptops so I will just be going handwritten all semester. My question is, what should I be taking notes on? I have seen some of these "very elaborate" One Note screenshots and my notes look nothing like that.

How do I know what is important and what I need to be writing? Maybe I am just too early in the game but my prof's haven't said much really. Thanks!

Bikeflip

Gold

Re: What Notes to Write?

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:10 pm

My no laptop classes didn't have substantially different notes than my laptop classes. A bunch of class time is bullshit, and profs will draw out the points they find important.

You can make elaborate notes after class if you want (and should).

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Record lectures.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 am

Taking notes is personal, there is no right way. I've always been a sparse note taker (I was always good at remembering things I've read or heard), some take more. No one can tell you what you need to write down. BUT, I can tell you without reservation that you do not need to transcribe the class. I saw a few students doing that - what the hell? Just listen.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students�