What Notes to Write?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

What Notes to Write?

Postby FlowBro » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

2 of my 3 courses don't allow laptops so I will just be going handwritten all semester. My question is, what should I be taking notes on? I have seen some of these "very elaborate" One Note screenshots and my notes look nothing like that.

How do I know what is important and what I need to be writing? Maybe I am just too early in the game but my prof's haven't said much really. Thanks!

Re: What Notes to Write?

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:10 pm

My no laptop classes didn't have substantially different notes than my laptop classes. A bunch of class time is bullshit, and profs will draw out the points they find important.

You can make elaborate notes after class if you want (and should).

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Record lectures.

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:25 am

Taking notes is personal, there is no right way. I've always been a sparse note taker (I was always good at remembering things I've read or heard), some take more. No one can tell you what you need to write down. BUT, I can tell you without reservation that you do not need to transcribe the class. I saw a few students doing that - what the hell? Just listen.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”