Evidence class with THREE exams

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
WinbyLazy

Evidence class with THREE exams

Postby WinbyLazy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Received an email from my Evidence professor recently (my school is on the quarter system, beginning the 23rd) stating that in lieu of one final exam at the end of the quarter, we will be having three throughout the quarter. To drop or not to drop?

prezidentv8

Re: Evidence class with THREE exams

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 pm

I vote drop. Ain't nobody need dat stress.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Drop

Gorki

Postby Gorki » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:00 pm

WinbyLazy wrote:Received an email from my Evidence professor recently (my school is on the quarter system, beginning the 23rd) stating that in lieu of one final exam at the end of the quarter, we will be having three throughout the quarter. To drop or not to drop?

2L or 3L?

I will dissent and say use E&E and take. Evidence, if split into three units, could be really manageable. We split ours into admissibility/character rules for 50% and hearsay stuff last half. I preferred that a lot more to other profs who handed students 1 final exam. Maybe its just my style tho.

lukertin

Postby lukertin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Evidence is pretty easy and straight forward when tackled in conceptual blocks. This exam format will make the class easier to study for, but grade-wise, everyone else will also benefit. If your class is stacked with people who will set the curve insanely high and blow you out of the water, you might want to drop.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

I would keep it. I miss the days when one test or one paper didn't count for your entire grade.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Drop.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Personally, I'd like a class like this as long as the two earlier exams count for less than the final. Say, 25%, 25%, 50%. Let's you fuck up a tiny bit early on and still do well later on.

In all honesty, Evidence comes down to this:

EVERYTHING is a 403 objection.

WinbyLazy

Postby WinbyLazy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Just got the syllabus for the class. Here is some more information:

- Each exam is cumulative and percentage wise is as follows: 15%, 25%, and 60%;
    - Each exam is multiple choice with up to ten (read: 10) choices;
    - Out of the up to ten choices, only one (read: 1) is correct, with partial points being awarded for others that are "partially correct";
    - And, most worryingly, points are deducted for incorrect options...

At this point, I might just grab that Evidence E&E and buckle up, because this seems to be a rough f*cking ride.

Gorki wrote:
WinbyLazy wrote:Received an email from my Evidence professor recently (my school is on the quarter system, beginning the 23rd) stating that in lieu of one final exam at the end of the quarter, we will be having three throughout the quarter. To drop or not to drop?

2L or 3L?

I will dissent and say use E&E and take. Evidence, if split into three units, could be really manageable. We split ours into admissibility/character rules for 50% and hearsay stuff last half. I preferred that a lot more to other profs who handed students 1 final exam. Maybe its just my style tho.

I am a 2L that has transferred in.

lukertin

Postby lukertin » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:20 pm

WinbyLazy wrote:Just got the syllabus for the class. Here is some more information:

- Each exam is cumulative and percentage wise is as follows: 15%, 25%, and 60%;
    - Each exam is multiple choice with up to ten (read: 10) choices;
    - Out of the up to ten choices, only one (read: 1) is correct, with partial points being awarded for others that are "partially correct";
    - And, most worryingly, points are deducted for incorrect options...

Fuck that, drop it.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:19 am

Drop it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”