Easily altered schedule app?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Easy-E

Easily altered schedule app?

Postby Easy-E » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:45 am

I'm sure that title really perked peoples interests, but does anyone know of an iPhone app where I could basically set up my weekly schedule and easily turn a scheduled event (class) on or off? Some of my classes vary in which days we meet on a weekly basis, I'd like to find some visual way of easily managing this so I can see how much time I have each day. I was thinking of just plugging it all into my Google Calendar but I thought maybe someone had a less tedious alternative. Any responses appreciated.

guano

Re: Easily altered schedule app?

Postby guano » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:53 am

emarxnj wrote:I'm sure that title really perked peoples interests, but does anyone know of an iPhone app where I could basically set up my weekly schedule and easily turn a scheduled event (class) on or off? Some of my classes vary in which days we meet on a weekly basis, I'd like to find some visual way of easily managing this so I can see how much time I have each day. I was thinking of just plugging it all into my Google Calendar but I thought maybe someone had a less tedious alternative. Any responses appreciated.

If the variation is regular (every second Tuesday, or, alternating Wed/Thu) you don't need a separate app. You can create multiple entries (1 - Wednesday; 2 - Thursday) and set these to recur every other week. There are more options within Calendar to play around with

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 pm

guano wrote:
emarxnj wrote:I'm sure that title really perked peoples interests, but does anyone know of an iPhone app where I could basically set up my weekly schedule and easily turn a scheduled event (class) on or off? Some of my classes vary in which days we meet on a weekly basis, I'd like to find some visual way of easily managing this so I can see how much time I have each day. I was thinking of just plugging it all into my Google Calendar but I thought maybe someone had a less tedious alternative. Any responses appreciated.

If the variation is regular (every second Tuesday, or, alternating Wed/Thu) you don't need a separate app. You can create multiple entries (1 - Wednesday; 2 - Thursday) and set these to recur every other week. There are more options within Calendar to play around with

Yeah I guess it figures Google would probably have the best option. Some of the classes are regular in their variation, one of them is all over the place (1 session one week, 3 the next, no pattern). I'll mess around with it.

guano

Postby guano » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:13 pm

emarxnj wrote:
guano wrote:

Yeah I guess it figures Google would probably have the best option. Some of the classes are regular in their variation, one of them is all over the place (1 session one week, 3 the next, no pattern). I'll mess around with it.

I was referring to Apple's native Calendar app. I'm sure google has all the same functionality as well. I know outlook does

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm

You can also sync Google to Outlook (at least on a Windows pc). Works pretty well.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:57 pm

guano wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
guano wrote:

I was referring to Apple's native Calendar app. I'm sure google has all the same functionality as well. I know outlook does

Oh gotcha. My Apple Calendar is synced up with the Google one anyways.

eerie_erie

Postby eerie_erie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:59 pm

CalenMob syncs to your Google calendar. It is free and is exactly like the Google calendar interface. The best part is that you can have multiple calendars sync up. Adding events is extremely easy. You can also use it offline and it will sync once you have an internet connection again.

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:42 pm

I use my skydrive calendar that is synced with my email. Most schools are using Microsoft 365 Outlook for email anyway. All that functionality is built right in. You can select what you want to repeat and how they should alternate.
It takes about 30 min, but I sit down with each of my syllabi, create a calendar for that class, then plug in each and every reading assignment and physical assignment due date. Best shit ever!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”