Clinical?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
legalise

Clinical?

Postby legalise » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:00 pm

3L and registered for a clinical this fall at a public defender's office. I looked at the syllabus and realized how much work it's going to be --- basically every weekday will be entirely full (all day tuesday at the office and then 14 hrs outside of that day are required). I'm doing a different clinical in the spring and would rather just drop this one and take a class instead. I already have an offer for when I graduate ... thoughts? or am i dumb

FuturePD

Re: Clinical?

Postby FuturePD » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:13 pm

legalise wrote:3L and registered for a clinical this fall at a public defender's office. I looked at the syllabus and realized how much work it's going to be --- basically every weekday will be entirely full (all day tuesday at the office and then 14 hrs outside of that day are required). I'm doing a different clinical in the spring and would rather just drop this one and take a class instead. I already have an offer for when I graduate ... thoughts? or am i dumb

What's your goal? Are you trying to learn something specific, or network for future career prospects, or just do something really interesting and fun with your time? I think that thinking about why you signed up in the first place and how the PD experience would or wouldn't fit into the goals you have for the year.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”