Is reciting model answers on exames allowed. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawhopeful10

Silver

Is reciting model answers on exames allowed.

Post by lawhopeful10 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:13 pm

For my criminal law class the final format includes a vocab section where you need to provide definitions for stuff like retribution, interlocutory appeal, and stuff like that. The previous exam has answers with definitions for all the terms. I was also going to ask upperclassman for their list of definitions and the like to compile a list especially since the teacher allows a list of definitions to be brought into the final. I was wondering if some of the same words appear on my final and I use the previous exam's definition if that is allowed or would be some form of plagiarism. The model definitions are around 5-6 sentences long so I would be regurgitating a lot.

Nova

Platinum

Re: Is reciting model answers on exames allowed.

Post by Nova » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Ask your prof

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I know people who took model answers into tests for classes where it made sense. Most/all teachers here had a rule against copy and pasting pre-written stuff into your exam, but none prohibited referencing it.

Keep in mind however that your classmates all have these model answers and are presumably not dumb so they will probably have them too. Since it is graded on a curve, a correct answer that mirrors everyone else's very well might not be a good one.

lawhopeful10

Silver

Post by lawhopeful10 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks that makes sense

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”