Manning's Legislation & Regulation 1st ED vs 2nd ED

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TheColoradan

Manning's Legislation & Regulation 1st ED vs 2nd ED

Postby TheColoradan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi TLS,

I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the differences between the newest and 2nd newest editions of Manning & Stephenson's "Legislation and Regulation" textbook. Specifically, whether the content is virtually identical or not, and whether or not they so dramatically changed the page numbers from 1st to 2nd edition that following my professor's page reading assignments will be impossible.

Thanks!

The Coloradan
Emory Law 2016
Dean Ahdieh for Leg Reg

Bikeflip

Re: Manning's Legislation & Regulation 1st ED vs 2nd ED

Postby Bikeflip » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 am

Why the semi formal letter format? When you can go to the library, go check the new edition v old edition for yourself.

TheColoradan

Postby TheColoradan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:42 am

Oh, go to the library? What an obvious suggestion. You must be really smart and have plenty of time on your hands to come up with such great advice and post it on here.

My library doesn't have both editions, smartass. Otherwise I would have done that and not bothered to post a question on this forum. Plus, I wrote the "semi-formal" letter format (wtf?) so that *helpful* commenters would know where I was coming from.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:33 pm

TheColoradan wrote:Oh, go to the library? What an obvious suggestion. You must be really smart and have plenty of time on your hands to come up with such great advice and post it on here.

My library doesn't have both editions, smartass. Otherwise I would have done that and not bothered to post a question on this forum. Plus, I wrote the "semi-formal" letter format (wtf?) so that *helpful* commenters would know where I was coming from.

"Go to the lib" was a pretty good answer given the level of poasters on here and the fact that you didn't already say you'd been to the lib

GJWheeler

Postby GJWheeler » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 am

rad lulz wrote:
TheColoradan wrote:Oh, go to the library? What an obvious suggestion. You must be really smart and have plenty of time on your hands to come up with such great advice and post it on here.

"Go to the lib" was a pretty good answer given the level of poasters on here and the fact that you didn't already say you'd been to the lib

also good given the fact that the 2nd edition just came out this summer so its unlikely anyone has even used it yet.

honestly, just ask your prof or his assistant. even if the page # change isnt that dramatic, it can still be a PITA if you have to point something out/quote something/etc.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Damn, Emory will be happy to have you.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”