Where did the bar exam review thread go?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Rovias

Where did the bar exam review thread go?

Postby Rovias » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Anyone? Anyone?

Re: Where did the bar exam review thread go?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:04 pm

It's against the rules to talk about questiosn.

Rovias

Postby Rovias » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

AH I see I could swear there was a big topic set up here, but the bar exam must of melted my brain thanks

Postby 09042014 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Rovias wrote:AH I see I could swear there was a big topic set up here, but the bar exam must of melted my brain thanks

It got deleted since we weren't supposed to be talking about it.

i bet xoxoxhth still has one.

Rovias

Postby Rovias » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:21 pm

makes sense thanks

Jacques_Bentley

Postby Jacques_Bentley » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Desert Fox wrote:It's against the rules to talk about questiosn.

Is this a copyright/IP issue or just a TLS policy? Just curious.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 pm

For the MA Bar they let you take the essay questions with you. So I doubt it's a copyright issue and more of a TLS policy.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 pm

It's National Bar Examiners policy (about the MBE): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146657&start=5850#p7000732

(Specifically:
The following conduct is prohibited after the examination:
• sharing the substance or details of any test question, including the question’s fact pattern, option choices, or answer, in whole or in part, with anyone via electronic (including e-mail, blogs, and online social and professional networking sites), telephonic, written, oral, or other means
• reproducing, paraphrasing, summarizing, or describing to any other person any test content from memory after leaving the testing room
• forwarding, re-posting, hosting, or otherwise advancing the distribution of exam content, on the Internet or via other means, that others have disclosed .)

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:It's National Bar Examiners policy (about the MBE): http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p7000732

(Specifically:
• sharing the substance or details of any test question, including the question’s fact pattern, option choices, or answer, in whole or in part, with anyone via electronic (including e-mail, blogs, and online social and professional networking sites), telephonic, written, oral, or other means
• reproducing, paraphrasing, summarizing, or describing to any other person any test content from memory after leaving the testing room
• forwarding, re-posting, hosting, or otherwise advancing the distribution of exam content, on the Internet or via other means, that others have disclosed .)

Unless, you know, you get in on their hustle. (Like BarBri or other test companies that either: (1) lie about having real questions; or (2) pay for them). Who cares about fair? This is about making money and excluding people from a profession, people.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:23 am

BeenDidThat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:It's National Bar Examiners policy (about the MBE): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146657&start=5850#p7000732

(Specifically:

Unless, you know, you get in on their hustle. (Like BarBri or other test companies that either: (1) lie about having real questions; or (2) pay for them). Who cares about fair? This is about making money and excluding people from a profession, people.

You know the MBE reuses old questions, right?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:28 am

BeenDidThat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:It's National Bar Examiners policy (about the MBE): http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0#p7000732

(Specifically:

Wat

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:43 am

BeenDidThat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:It's National Bar Examiners policy (about the MBE): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=146657&start=5850#p7000732

(Specifically:

I'm not endorsing the policy, I'm just explaining why TLS banned talking about the questions. This is what the mods quoted in explaining why they shut that thread down. I'm sure you can understand why they don't want the bar examiners coming down on TLS, regardless of what they think about the policy.

(I'm also not sure how it hurts you not to be able to reproduce/publicize the questions after having taken the exam unless you want to facilitate cheating or make money off the questions on the future yourself - and there are lots of other, more significant barriers to entry in the legal profession - but eh.)

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:47 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:

(Specifically:

I'm not endorsing the policy, I'm just explaining why TLS banned talking about the questions. This is what the mods quoted in explaining why they shut that thread down. I'm sure you can understand why they don't want the bar examiners coming down on TLS, regardless of what they think about the policy.

(I'm also not sure how it hurts you not to be able to reproduce/publicize the questions after having taken the exam unless you want to facilitate cheating or make money off the questions on the future yourself - and there are lots of other, more significant barriers to entry in the legal profession - but eh.)

Wasn't coming at you at all; sorry if it seemed like that.

Bar takers clearly extract some utility from discussing the questions after the fact, or there wouldn't have been a 20+ pg thread on the topic.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:12 am

Well, they discuss the questions; I'm not sure how useful it is, it's more like picking a scab. Really I think everyone is best forgetting the bar exam existed until results come out.

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:47 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Well, they discuss the questions; I'm not sure how useful it is, it's more like picking a scab. Really I think everyone is best forgetting the bar exam existed until results come out.

That's nice.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 am

BeenDidThat wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Well, they discuss the questions; I'm not sure how useful it is, it's more like picking a scab. Really I think everyone is best forgetting the bar exam existed until results come out.

That's nice.

You seem pleasant.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 am

BeenDidThat wrote:

That's nice.

Nothing about the bar exam is nice.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
BeenDidThat wrote:

That's nice.

Nothing about the bar exam is nice.

Not even the post bar bender.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”