California Bar Exam Performance Test - Weird Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
spartjdawg

California Bar Exam Performance Test - Weird Question

Postby spartjdawg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:14 am

In writing the CPT for Tuesday (the really hard one), I took notes of the facts and library in the exam soft answer page (lots and lots of notes) and may have forgotten to erase them; I honestly don't remember. I did, however, set up the proper memo and heading sections. If I did forget to erase the notes, am I looking at an automatic 45 or lower? I don't think I did to great on the question, but based on the other parts of the exam, I anticipate that a 50 on this section would allow me to pass.

Would love your thoughts.

Old Gregg

Re: California Bar Exam Performance Test - Weird Question

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 am

I don't understand why everyone here thinks they're getting a 45z

spartjdawg

Postby spartjdawg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:20 am

Fresh Prince wrote:I don't understand why everyone here thinks they're getting a 45z

I am not worried about it being a 45 unless they count the notes against me and knock it down to a 45. I recognize that I wrote a pretty crappy answer, but for this PT, that seemed to be the consensus. Thus, I don't think a 50 or maybe a 55 is out of order. I felt pretty awesome about CPT B and expect a 65, maybe a 70. On regular essays, I expect a great grade on the Comm Prop Essay, a 65 on PR, 60/65 on Con Law, and everything else is a crap shoot, but nothing less than a 55. On the MBE, would be surprised if it was below a 155 scaled.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 am

hus, I don't think a 50 or maybe a 55 is out of order. I felt pretty awesome about CPT B and expect a 65, maybe a 70. On regular essays, I expect a great grade on the Comm Prop Essay, a 65 on PR,

Everyone thought PT-B was easy. You should be more worried about scoring above 55 on that one than a 55 on PT-A because of that fact.

spartjdawg

Postby spartjdawg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:48 am

Fresh Prince wrote:
hus, I don't think a 50 or maybe a 55 is out of order. I felt pretty awesome about CPT B and expect a 65, maybe a 70. On regular essays, I expect a great grade on the Comm Prop Essay, a 65 on PR,

Everyone thought PT-B was easy. You should be more worried about scoring above 55 on that one than a 55 on PT-A because of that fact.

I thought my PTB was pretty good, even thought it was "easy." Then again, that is me. However, based on what you are saying, if the crap I threw down on PTA gets me a 55 and PTB gets me a 60, I am still in pretty decent shape.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”