UBE essay topics

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

UBE essay topics

Postby clashjones87 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I read the following on another bar exam forum and wanted to run it by the more reputable folks at TLS before acting on the advice. I have two questions:
1. Are this person's predictions based on good evidence (i.e., that no topic has been offered 3 times in a row and that therefore it is extremely unlikely there won't be Trusts or Sec Trans.)?
2. What are your predictions for the MEE topics?


If you also look at the MEE trends (from all the way back to 2000) AND the UBE trends, you notice that with the exceptions of Family Law and Civil Procedure, you don't have a topic that has ever been available (meaning 1 of the 9) OR tested three times in a row. While Trusts was not tested on the UBE in last July or in February, it was an option for both. I think we will see Wills possibly combined with Family Law, just Wills, or neither. Wills was not 1 of the 9 in February.

The same logic applies to Sec. Trans. I think it's actually very likely that neither Secured or Commercial will be tested on the UBE. No Secured because it was tested last July and available as 1 of the 9 in February. No Commercial on the UBE because it was tested in February, but of the two, it may still be available as an option for those jurisdictions that did not use it in Feb.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: UBE essay topics

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 pm

This "no 3 in a row" stuff is kinda bullshit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =drive_web

Also, Themis seemed to imply that 3 of the 6 essays will be from MBE subjects. That true?

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: UBE essay topics

Postby clashjones87 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Bikeflip wrote:This "no 3 in a row" stuff is kinda bullshit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =drive_web

Also, Themis seemed to imply that 3 of the 6 essays will be from MBE subjects. That true?



Thanks for that.

Past UBE essay topics can be found here: https://www.mble.org/past-exam-performance-statistics
Two seems like a good guess for how many essays will be on MBE topics.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: UBE essay topics

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 pm

clashjones87 wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:This "no 3 in a row" stuff is kinda bullshit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... =drive_web

Also, Themis seemed to imply that 3 of the 6 essays will be from MBE subjects. That true?



Thanks for that.

Past UBE essay topics can be found here: https://www.mble.org/past-exam-performance-statistics
Two seems like a good guess for how many essays will be on MBE topics.


You're Mizzou? I'm CO. Do we know for sure that the UBE states will use the exact same 6 questions? I looked at some of the other UBE states, and I only noticed that Mizzou broke down the essay areas by subject.

Granted, even if the UBE states use different questions, all UBE jurisdictions can only choose 6 questions from a total of 9 questions. So there will be a 3 question overlap.

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: UBE essay topics

Postby clashjones87 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:51 pm

I thought that all UBE states had ti use the same 6 essays?

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: UBE essay topics

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 am

clashjones87 wrote:I thought that all UBE states had ti use the same 6 essays?



I'm not sure. If they have to use the same question, but it would make sense to use the same 6 questions for a uniform bar exam.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kahlo, zeroplus and 10 guests