Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
anchuldigs
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby anchuldigs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Within 10 minute walk. Either w/ student discount or without.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2777
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby forza » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:06 pm

lol. Cheap parking in NYC. lolol

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2824
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby haus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Perhaps you can park in Viginia and take the train...

NYstate
Posts: 1566
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby NYstate » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Are you from around these parts?
Driving and parking in the city is insane. You should find a park and ride and take public transit.
There are garages that have early bird specials if you get in early and leave early. Still expensive- but if you must drive, look for those. No idea if there are any by NYU or within 10 minutes walking. Astor place used to be cheap. Nothing is cheap any more.

User avatar
koalatriste
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby koalatriste » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:30 pm

flame.

User avatar
Gamecubesupreme
Posts: 509
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:49 pm


anchuldigs
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby anchuldigs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 am

I grew up in NYC, I know that parking is not cheap relative to other cities. I'm looking for a *relatively* cheap garage.

So which garages give an NYU student discount? Anyone?

NYstate
Posts: 1566
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby NYstate » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

anchuldigs wrote:I grew up in NYC, I know that parking is not cheap relative to other cities. I'm looking for a *relatively* cheap garage.

So which garages give an NYU student discount? Anyone?


I googled it on the website for you.
http://www.nyu.edu/about/visitor-inform ... rking.html

anchuldigs
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby anchuldigs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 pm

NYstate wrote:
anchuldigs wrote:I grew up in NYC, I know that parking is not cheap relative to other cities. I'm looking for a *relatively* cheap garage.

So which garages give an NYU student discount? Anyone?


I googled it on the website for you.
http://www.nyu.edu/about/visitor-inform ... rking.html



I found that too. Note the last line: "Some of these places offer discounts to NYU faculty, staff, and students with a valid NYU Card." Emphasis on "Some".

But thanks for checking. (not sarcastic)

acsd87
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby acsd87 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Lot under Washington Square Village b/tw Laguardia/Mercer and Bleecker/W 3rd. Also lot on Mercer just south of 8th st. Both are $10/24 hours with an NYU ID, but don't always have room on weekdays.

NYstate
Posts: 1566
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby NYstate » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 pm

anchuldigs wrote:
NYstate wrote:
anchuldigs wrote:I grew up in NYC, I know that parking is not cheap relative to other cities. I'm looking for a *relatively* cheap garage.

So which garages give an NYU student discount? Anyone?


I googled it on the website for you.
http://www.nyu.edu/about/visitor-inform ... rking.html



I found that too. Note the last line: "Some of these places offer discounts to NYU faculty, staff, and students with a valid NYU Card." Emphasis on "Some".

But thanks for checking. (not sarcastic)

Yes, I saw that. I assumed you would just call and ask. But looks like you got a good lead.
Good luck.

anchuldigs
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Cheapest daily parking near NYU?

Postby anchuldigs » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm

acsd87 wrote:Lot under Washington Square Village b/tw Laguardia/Mercer and Bleecker/W 3rd. Also lot on Mercer just south of 8th st. Both are $10/24 hours with an NYU ID, but don't always have room on weekdays.


Thank you.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bencr, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests