Anyone taking the BarBri Mini Review?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
limibos

Anyone taking the BarBri Mini Review?

Postby limibos » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Debating on whether its worth the $129 for the BarBri mini review for FL Bar. Has anyone watched it and if so, was it worthwhile? Just don't want to waste any time or money on basically a review of what I've already listened to.

DwightSchruteFarms

Re: Anyone taking the BarBri Mini Review?

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:41 pm

limibos wrote:Debating on whether its worth the $129 for the BarBri mini review for FL Bar. Has anyone watched it and if so, was it worthwhile? Just don't want to waste any time or money on basically a review of what I've already listened to.

At this point, its about practicing essays and MBEs. I dont think a review this late in the game is worth it.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm doing it for the NY bar. I could really use a tune-up on the NY subjects. I'm coming to the realization that I can't memorize all of things like NY practice, wills, corporations, etc. So I would like to get the condensed version and find out how to prioritize this crap, and how to best present it. I've spent far too much time on MBE, and not enough on NY stuff/essays.

gators88

Postby gators88 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm thinking about it only because at this point I feel lost without the direction of bar bri. I am kinda aimlessly and passively just shuffling through my notes and reviewing different subjects. A targeted and intensive all day review would be helpful. I just find it unconscionable that they want another $120 bucks for this. JFC money grubbing BIGBARPREP.

healthlaw

Postby healthlaw » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:35 pm

gators88 wrote:I'm thinking about it only because at this point I feel lost without the direction of bar bri. I am kinda aimlessly and passively just shuffling through my notes and reviewing different subjects. A targeted and intensive all day review would be helpful. I just find it unconscionable that they want another $120 bucks for this. JFC money grubbing BIGBARPREP.

Amen and hallelujah to every word of that. I want them to tell me what to do, because the memorization is kicking my ass, but more money? You kidding me? Grr.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:50 pm

I did it for New York. I found it helpful. It covers a lot of material I didn't know (shareholder voting, etc) and was generally a good experience because I suck at contracts.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”