California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JDCA2012

New

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Post by JDCA2012 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 pm

jmhendri wrote:Anything but civ pro is ok by me. If this is the first year they test it three years in a row, I might walk out.
Agreed. If it's civ pro, I am screwed, especially if it's anything other than a SMJX, PJX, and an easy Supp (something like obviously compulsory is nice). Anything else, whatever, I don't care.

Another

Bronze

Post by Another » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 pm

I had to look up the lender's right to a credit bid at break via google. Definitely wasn't in the shorter outlines. And the due-on-sale clause was a flame twice...
Last edited by jmhendri on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reinhardt

Bronze

Post by Reinhardt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 pm

jmhendri wrote:I had to look up the lender's right to a credit bid at break via google. Definitely wasn't in the shorter outlines. And the due on sale clause was a flame twice...
Does such a right exist?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:20 pm

jmhendri wrote:I had to look up the lender's right to a credit bid at break via google. Definitely wasn't in the shorter outlines. And the due on sale clause was a flame twice...
Was that (the lender's right to bid the value of the loan) a thing?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Theoretically, according to this probably completely unreliable article I found

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Emma. wrote:
Was that (the lender's right to bid the value of the loan) a thing?
yeah. I'm not even sure what I put. All I remember is that I had it down to two choices...

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 pm

AM was def harder than PM for me. I actually had sufficient time to check over my answers.

And WTF at some of the questions. It's pure memorization. Like the one about ineffective assistance of counsel--I was stuck between reasonable and C&C (went with reasonable as my gut choice). Or maybe both were wrong. Then again that question about the promise to pay the $200 option fee seemed to be about reasoning, but I wasted so much time before picking D (enforceable because of promise to pay). And there were a shitload of Ds and As on my answer sheet, too, 5 in a row sometimes.

This administration has been awful. All my law-related standardized tests have been, including the 2010 June LSAT (see avatar for dinos; yes, I will continue to whine about them). If anyone has given up already, perhaps you could intentionally drive the average lower for the rest of us ;)

Or we can all take solace in the possibility that the next administration won't be as hard.

Another

Bronze

Post by Another » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:31 pm

a male human wrote:AM was def harder than PM for me. I actually had sufficient time to check over my answers.

And WTF at some of the questions. It's pure memorization. Like the one about ineffective assistance of counsel--I was stuck between reasonable and C&C (went with reasonable as my gut choice). Or maybe both were wrong. Then again that question about the promise to pay the $200 option fee seemed to be about reasoning, but I wasted so much time before picking D (enforceable because of promise to pay). And there were a shitload of Ds and As on my answer sheet, too, 5 in a row sometimes.

This administration has been awful. All my law-related standardized tests have been, including the 2010 June LSAT (see avatar for dinos; yes, I will continue to whine about them). If anyone has given up already, perhaps you could intentionally drive the average lower for the rest of us ;)

Or we can all take solace in the possibility that the next administration won't be as hard.
I had 5 Ds in a row twice. Once in the AM, once in the PM.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 pm

hopkins23 wrote:What did you guys put for the man who wanted wine, locked the clerk in the closet, false imprisonment/larceny/kidnapping question?
It should have been larceny and kidnapping I think. I put false imprisonment but that was because I could only remember that kidnapping required movement of the victim, where concealment is enough.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm

hopkins23 wrote:What did you guys put for the man who wanted wine, locked the clerk in the closet, false imprisonment/larceny/kidnapping question?
Wasn't kidnapping. No concealment or movement. I put larceny and false imprisonment.
Last edited by jmhendri on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texan09

New

Post by Texan09 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm

False imprisonment and larceny. Did not move the clerk (needed for kidnapping), and no force or threat of force to take the money (needed for robbery). I think that is right, but my brain is fried.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Reinhardt

Bronze

Post by Reinhardt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Last edited by Reinhardt on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Oh yeah, now I remember a random Q re: obtaining a confession voluntarily

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Texan09 wrote:
False imprisonment and larceny. Did not move the clerk (needed for kidnapping), and no force or threat of force to take the money (needed for robbery). I think that is right, but my brain is fried.
Huh. Maybe I got that one right!

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Reinhardt wrote:I'm having trouble imagining a situation where someone would be falsely imprisoned without concealment.
Yeah this is what got to me. Oh well

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

somethingdemure

New

Post by somethingdemure » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Emma. wrote:
It should have been larceny and kidnapping I think. I put false imprisonment but that was because I could only remember that kidnapping required movement of the victim, where concealment is enough.
I was actually just googling this. My barbri notes said concealment is enough, but if that's the case what's the difference between criminal false imprisonment and kidnapping? Any time you are guilty of false imprisonment of a person into a place with a ceiling, you kidnapped them?

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Emma. wrote:
Nah, false imprisonment is a better answer. Concealment from what?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Reinhardt wrote:I'm having trouble imagining a situation where someone would be falsely imprisoned without concealment.
I stop you in a parking lot at night, point a gun at you, and tell you if you move I'll shoot you. You aren't concealed, but you are falsely imprisoned

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm

a male human wrote:AM was def harder than PM for me. I actually had sufficient time to check over my answers.

Yeah, I am so tired I cannot even figure out the answer re: ineffective assistance of counsel by googling. It's "but for" but don't think that was a choice?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm

Emma. wrote:

I had 5 Ds in a row twice. Once in the AM, once in the PM.
Same. And picked A 6 out of 8 in the AM at one point.

Fucking shitboomer bar examiners. Fucking the lot of us they haven't yet fucked enough. Ready for bourbon and an early February retake signup.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:39 pm

huckabees wrote:Oh yeah, now I remember a random Q re: obtaining a confession voluntarily
Fuck that question. The dude confessed because someone told him if he didn't they would break both his legs. Q was whether that only made his confession involuntary, or whether it also meant his Miranda waiver was void.

jmhendri

Silver

Post by jmhendri » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 pm

Eh, I think the fact that the clerk was out of sight was incidental in this case. He wasn't being hidden from anything.

huckabees

Bronze

Post by huckabees » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:40 pm

Emma. wrote:
huckabees wrote:Oh yeah, now I remember a random Q re: obtaining a confession voluntarily
Fuck that question. The dude confessed because someone told him if he didn't they would break both his legs. Q was whether that only made his confession involuntary, or whether it also meant his Miranda waiver was void.
Correct answer was?

Also evid question on whether someone waived both hearsay and confrontation

I had As Ds and Cs in a row... only letter I didn't have that for was B ::sigh::
Last edited by huckabees on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”