California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1692
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby a male human » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 am

I still don't get how they scale the LSAT since there are 3 different versions or something, with the sections in different order. People will react differently to each arrangement (like I did when I had my worst subject, RC, on sections 3 and 5, when I was most tired, especially after that horrible dinosaur LG that I thought was the experimental).

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1692
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby a male human » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I found that mbe pretty hard. Felt unsure about many questions

desertlaw
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby desertlaw » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:43 pm

a male human wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I found that mbe pretty hard. Felt unsure about many questions


Felt like our instructor is more and more like Herman Cain every time I hear him speak.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:15 pm

a male human wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I found that mbe pretty hard. Felt unsure about many questions


same. i personally rated it harder than average, but not batshit barbri mpq hard.

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:26 pm

*goes on Facebook, sees everyone in other states overjoyed the bar is done*
*gets ready for another day of extreme emotional distress*

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7669
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby worldtraveler » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
a male human wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I found that mbe pretty hard. Felt unsure about many questions


same. i personally rated it harder than average, but not batshit barbri mpq hard.


There were quite a few questions that I had no idea what to put. Definitely harder than a lot of the practice exams (and I did every question released on adaptibar).

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Thought PM was slightly easier than average, if not average.

cavalierattitude
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby cavalierattitude » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm

a male human wrote:
mrpickles wrote:
a male human wrote:I pulled up a random CP-PR hybrid from last year and its sample answers. Answer A was about 2400 words; B was about 2900. Much shorter than I thought.


lol, I wrote about 500 words for the first and third essays and 1500 for the second.

Entellus
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Entellus » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:Thought PM was slightly easier than average, if not average.


Nuts I thought AM and PM were both hard.

User avatar
Reinhardt
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Reinhardt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:37 pm

AM harder than PM, but neither was a walk in the park.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm

The afternoon... Oooof. :|

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Kretzy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Entellus wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:Thought PM was slightly easier than average, if not average.


Nuts I thought AM and PM were both hard.


Same. I thought PM was easier than AM, but both were harder than average.

deadlinguo
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby deadlinguo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 pm

Today was rough. There were only a few that I had absolutely no clue about, but I had to make 50/50 guesses on roughly half the exam. Shit.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 pm

My perception about PM could be being swayed by how hard AM was. They both definitely weren't walks in the park.

deadlinguo
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby deadlinguo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:40 pm

And what was up with all the mortgage questions? It seemed like there was at least one of them every 10 or so.

User avatar
Old Gregg
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 pm

deadlinguo wrote:Today was rough. There were only a few that I had absolutely no clue about, but I had to make 50/50 guesses on roughly half the exam. Shit.


Yeah, I felt like I knew the answer to 20% of the questions, had a "hunch" on the answer (but have a high probability of being wrong) on 70% of the questions, and didn't know anything about 10% of the questions.

User avatar
courtneylove
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby courtneylove » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:42 pm

i thought AM was super easy sprinkled with a few wtfs, but PM was tricky and difficult throughout. think we all had the same question set at the same time?

User avatar
worldtraveler
Posts: 7669
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 am

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby worldtraveler » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 pm

deadlinguo wrote:And what was up with all the mortgage questions? It seemed like there was at least one of them every 10 or so.


Ugh. Those are my least favorite questions and there were so many.

User avatar
rorystewart
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby rorystewart » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Predictions for tomorrow!

vacations
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby vacations » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:47 pm

definitely thought PM was harder than AM...we all have different versions right? doesn't help that everybody near me finished super early.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby Emma. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Entellus wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:Thought PM was slightly easier than average, if not average.


Nuts I thought AM and PM were both hard.


Same. I thought PM was easier than AM, but both were harder than average.


Both sucked, but for me the morning was way easier. Today was like yesterday all over again.

deadlinguo
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby deadlinguo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm

vacations wrote:definitely thought PM was harder than AM...we all have different versions right? doesn't help that everybody near me finished super early.


Well, I left early because towards the end the frustration was getting to me so I rushed through the last 15 questions, didn't double check anything, just raised my hand as soon as I penciled in number 200. And plus I didn't want to get stuck in traffic.

huckabees
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby huckabees » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 pm

My thoughts:

1) Why did they have all the long questions in the AM and all the short questions in PM? (Or maybe reversed depending on what form we got)
2) I don't even remember any property questions outside of mortgages or servitudes, save for one question on a statutory RAP
3) Conlaw questions quite dissimilar to Adaptibar's
4) Crim pro questions I was not very familiar with
5) Certain evidence questions on whether FRE applies? Don't even remember seeing any of those in practice Qs
6) Only Ks seemed "normal," and maybe crim (outside of crim pro)
7) Overall, I felt like I simply didn't know the rules for many more questions than in practice questions, rather than being unsure of which rule applied or how to correctly apply it

Probably have more thoughts, but can't remember them at the moment.

JDCA2012
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Postby JDCA2012 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:02 pm

courtneylove wrote:think we all had the same question set at the same time?

Yeah I mean we would have had to, right? So that people don't talk about it at lunch when they had different sets?

deadlinguo wrote:Today was rough. There were only a few that I had absolutely no clue about, but I had to make 50/50 guesses on roughly half the exam. Shit.


This is how I felt. Fuck. I fucking had 50/50 on like half of the fucking questions. Jesus. I felt walking out of there like I got a 30%
Fuck. I'll be taking Feb.

Another
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 pm

.

Postby Another » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm

.
Last edited by Another on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests