California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawdawg09

New

Re: California Bar Exam (July 2013) thread

Post by lawdawg09 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 pm

My anxiety is coming and going in waves.

I will get a good 20 min of work in then I will freak out for 20 min.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:08 pm

kimberlymreyes wrote:So I was pretty good about forgetting about the exam until this week (when I stumbled across this blog)..... and I made the horrible mistake of printing out the essay questions and re-analyzing them, while struggling to remember if I hit all the major issues.... i guess I just like self-torture.

this is my third time waiting for results. i want my life back :cry:
ahh my boss pulled up the july essays and pts because he was curious about what the bar was like (he's not a lawyer). we spent over an hour having him attempt to answer them and then going over it... at least i got paid for the time i was there...

taking it 3 times is real tough, though. i can't imagine it. third time is the charm?

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Can someone remind me where the list gets posted, and what we have to do to access it?

Also, I heard one case of an error last year. Friend of a friend was not on the Friday list, but she actually passed. Better than the opposite, I guess...

cravenmorhead

New

Post by cravenmorhead » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Pass list lives here: http://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/

lawdawg09

New

Post by lawdawg09 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Also, I heard one case of an error last year. Friend of a friend was not on the Friday list, but she actually passed. Better than the opposite, I guess...

That is an amazing way to absolutely ruin a weekend.
Last edited by lawdawg09 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Wowwww I don't know how I would handle an error like that! But. it's bound to happen to some people, I guess. It kind of makes me want to wait for the mail, but I know that is unlikely to happen lol. Anyway, good luck all. I really hope all of us will actually enjoy the upcoming holidays.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Does anyone know what it looks like once we log in? Is it a list we need to search our name for, or does it just say yes or no for you personally?

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:56 pm

I don't remember where to find the number and all the stuff they ask for. Did we get that in an email?

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:59 pm

It's on your admissions ticket (which they emailed, so you should be able to pull it up) and also on the plastic ID card they gave us when we took the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawdawg09

New

Post by lawdawg09 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:18 pm

I heard but do not know personally that it is a individual page that states, "Your name is on the pass list" or "Your name is not on the pass list"

:|

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:21 pm

What do we need to log in? Just our file number and SSN? I thought there used to be a password required for the "future lawyers" page (i.e. where you view the status of your moral character app, MPRE requirement, other stuff like that), but it's now letting me see that page with just my SSN and file number.

I just want to make sure I have everything I need to see the list when 6 hits...

brose002

Bronze

Post by brose002 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 pm

FYI we also need the applicant number, which is on the admissions ticket or the ID badge

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I believe you just need your file # and applicant #, both of which are on your ticket. I think (well I am assuming) the pass list page will change to include a log in where you enter the above info starting 6pm.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kimberlymreyes

New

Post by kimberlymreyes » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:32 pm

As a third time test-taker, I am all too familiar with how it will look like if you don't pass. It will be text, in red, saying that

1) You entered the Applicant ID or File # wrong, or
2) Your name does not appear on the pass list.

When you do pass, you will see your name and below it, there will be text saying "The name above appears on the Pass List."

I am more anxious than I have EVER been waiting for these results.....

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I've also heard that if you pass, the text is in red, too. Could anyone confirm this (so I don't freak out)?

kimberlymreyes

New

Post by kimberlymreyes » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:36 pm

km23 wrote:I've also heard that if you pass, the text is in red, too. Could anyone confirm this (so I don't freak out)?
It could be in red text too if you pass. Key thing to look for is that your full name is displayed....

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:15 pm

kimberlymreyes wrote:As a third time test-taker, I am all too familiar with how it will look like if you don't pass. It will be text, in red, saying that

1) You entered the Applicant ID or File # wrong, or
2) Your name does not appear on the pass list.

When you do pass, you will see your name and below it, there will be text saying "The name above appears on the Pass List."

I am more anxious than I have EVER been waiting for these results.....
I feel like I am going to get this message from putting in my ID wrong and freak out.

And props to you for sticking with it for a 3rd time. I don't know if I could do that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:16 pm

If you do not know your file #, go here and follow the instructions. Not sure how to retrieve your applicant number if you do not remember it. Although I must say, I looked at that plastic badge so much during those three days that I feel like it is burned into the back of my eyelids...

Good luck, everyone!

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Is the application number five digits (possibly starting with 0 for some folks)? If so, I think you can find it in your ExamSoft confirmation emails.

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:41 pm

I also found my application no. on my Examsoft upload confirmation emails. My application no. is 5 digits (and starts with a zero).

The file no. is the one you use every time you sign in on the state bar website. My file no. is 7 digits (starts with a zero - but once I've signed in, the website displays it as 6 digits, without the zero). If you don't have this number, the calbar website will email it to you upon a failed login.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:45 pm

speaking of examsoft my heart almost sank when i thought maybe i forgot to upload the answers. gonna double check now...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Foosters Galore

Bronze

Post by Foosters Galore » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:47 pm

a male human wrote:speaking of examsoft my heart almost sank when i thought maybe i forgot to upload the answers. gonna double check now...
Ha...just did this. Thought maybe I had forgotten to do so after the last day when I was a fucking mess.

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Foosters Galore wrote:
a male human wrote:speaking of examsoft my heart almost sank when i thought maybe i forgot to upload the answers. gonna double check now...
Ha...just did this. Thought maybe I had forgotten to do so after the last day when I was a fucking mess.
This.

kimberlymreyes

New

Post by kimberlymreyes » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Less than 3 hours to ago. Anyone else having a panic attack?!?!?!? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:20 pm

gymboree wrote:I also found my application no. on my Examsoft upload confirmation emails. My application no. is 5 digits (and starts with a zero).

The file no. is the one you use every time you sign in on the state bar website. My file no. is 7 digits (starts with a zero - but once I've signed in, the website displays it as 6 digits, without the zero). If you don't have this number, the calbar website will email it to you upon a failed login.
My number is 4 digits on my badge (though started with a zero on the ticket). Do we know whether or not we're supposed to enter 4 digits or 5 digits?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”