bar prep and relationships

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bgdddymtty

Re: bar prep and relationships

Postby bgdddymtty » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:25 pm

jdmonkey wrote:According to the NY Times studying can be much more fun than you think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/18/fashi ... l?hpw&_r=0
True story: when I graduated from business school and had to study for the Series 7 (licensing exam for securities broker-dealers), my wife and I decided to rent a house on the North Shore of Oahu for six weeks because it was cheaper than our new apartment in LA was going to be--even including airfare. Infinitely distracting, but still the best study decision ever.

worldtraveler

Postby worldtraveler » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:34 am

Your SO can still take the time to call you, even if it's 5 minutes. There is a lot of hyperbole in this thread.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:32 am

I'm not convinced the OP has a SO as much as someone they're just hoping might become a SO.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:47 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:I'm not convinced the OP has a SO as much as someone they're just hoping might become a SO.

yup.

Which is why bar prep is a good excuse.

It's one thing to make time to talk to your girlfriend or eat dinner with her or whatever. That seems like a pretty normal thing to prioritize. Probably wouldn't be putting a lot of energy into responding to texts from a girl I went on one date with or something right now, though.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”