Bar Exam: General Tip and Tricks Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
remz

New

Bar Exam: General Tip and Tricks

Post by remz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 am

Bar exam is in 2 weeks, so I was hoping we could put together a thread of general tips and tricks. Nothing substantive, but rather general tips you've picked up from your bar review couses that can give you a point here or there. If enough people contribute, I'll compile all the tips into a list and edit this post so the tips are visible without looking through the whole thread.
(PS- If it's a state-specific tip then please note that).

Tips:
In actions for IIED, which requires "severe distress," look for phrases that negate this requirement such as, “mildly annoyed" or "slightly irritated."
In actions for arson, "charring" is usally good enough, but scorching is not.

c3pO4

Silver

Re: Bar Exam: General Tip and Tricks

Post by c3pO4 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:38 am

remz wrote:Bar exam is in 2 weeks, so I was hoping we could put together a thread of general tips and tricks. Nothing substantive, but rather general tips you've picked up from your bar review couses that can give you a point here or there. If enough people contribute, I'll compile all the tips into a list and edit this post so the tips are visible without looking through the whole thread.
(PS- If it's a state-specific tip then please note that).

Tips:
In actions for IIED, which requires "severe distress," look for phrases that negate this requirement such as, “mildly annoyed" or "slightly irritated."
In actions for arson, "charring" is usally good enough, but scorching is not.
this is pretty substantive... my tip is generally don't get your tips from TLS . also don't megapost on TLS about bar. oops <--- me

goodolgil

Silver

Re: Bar Exam: General Tip and Tricks

Post by goodolgil » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:15 am

If there's an exclamation point, the answer is excited utterance.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”