NY Bar Self Study

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
diggins33

NY Bar Self Study

Postby diggins33 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 am

Any one else self studying for NY or another state? I'm using internet outlines, the Question and Answer series, other law library materials, and the NCBE questions.

Consistently scoring 75+ on 100 question MBE sets. Been casually studying the NY topics, but really need to pick up on that.

Is the best thing to start outlining NY essays and comparing sample answers?

Figure I'll spend my last week memorizing crimes, statute of limitations, other numbers, and NY law. Probably will treat MPT like LSAT writing sample.

Would be interested in talking with other people self studying for ideas.

I.P. Daly

Re: NY Bar Self Study

Postby I.P. Daly » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 pm

I've heard from other self-studiers that the NCBE released questions tend to be substantially easier than the MBE questions as a whole. A self studier strongly recommended purchasing the Kaplan Red Book or the Barbri materials for a better representation of MBE questions as a whole.

meg5096

Postby meg5096 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Using baroutlines.com for PA/NJ. Been working through the 3 full length former MBEs plus the 100 or so additional mixed questions that they make available online. Also running through a ton of flashcards/lessons on their site recently. Focusing much more on MBE obv - hope this doesn't hurt me too bad for the essays. Figure I'll really get down to hammering those subjects soon.

diggins33

Postby diggins33 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Yeah, good point on the ease of the released MBE questions. I guess one thing I'm worrying about is changes in NY law.

Basically the biggest change in the last 5 years is no fault marriage? Anything else I should look out for on older outlines?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”