NY Bar Essays

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

NY Bar Essays

Postby jitsrenzo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm thinking about how to split up my time between the MBE and the NY state specific stuff. It looks like the essays can be based on either the topics that show up on the MBE or the NY state specific material. So I'm OK if I spend like 70% of my time on learning the MBE materials (applicable for the MBE and the NY sections) and the rest for the NY stuff?

Is there a distribution of topic frequency for the essays? Think I saw one by Barbri. That means if I had to I could skip entire NY topics that are less frequently tested?

To help answer my own question: this is the barbri frequency distribution.

Re: NY Bar Essays

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:11 pm

I wouldn't entirely skip any NY subject since you never know what could come up, and you don't want to blow an entire essay because you have so little familiarity with the subject, but of course you want to prioritize with the MBE subjects, since they overlap pretty heavily with the NY essays. That being said, look at the frequency chart. There is almost always at least one essays pretty much entirely dedicated to a NY-based subject, such as wills, corporations, etc.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”