MBE review/strategy hangout

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Bros brehs or brahs?

Bros.
2
29%
Brehs.
3
43%
Brahs.
2
29%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:41 pm

I figured that the MBE nuances are not unique to any one bar review company.

Poast your MBE questions for all to review. Poast any lessons learned/strategy tactics.

Here's some I have for Crim Pro:

Just being in an area known for drugs does not independently allow the cops to perform a Terry stop.

Batson challenges apply to grand juries.

Look for probable cause within the question stem! If you didn't read about it, assume probable cause does not exist.


HOW TO REVIEW, BROS:
Image

From Themis.
Last edited by Bikeflip on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby BCLS » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Bikeflip wrote:I figured that the MBE nuances are not unique to any one bar review company.

Poast your MBE questions for all to review. Poast any lessons learned/strategy tactics.

Here's some I have for Crim Pro:

Just being in an area known for drugs does not independently allow the cops to perform a Terry stop.

Batson challenges apply to grand juries.

Look for probable cause within the question stem! If you didn't read about it, assume probable cause does not exist.

Very good thread-- I will be chiming in here from time to time as I review questions and answers. I have nothing for you yet.

Well- I lied-- In con law, the answer choice that says "10th Amendment powers reserved to states" is almost always wrong.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 pm

I have a bunch of theses in a word doc if anyone is interested. I think its really good to develop your own, too.

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby BCLS » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Matteliszt wrote:I have a bunch of theses in a word doc if anyone is interested. I think its really good to develop your own, too.

can u post them

User avatar
tfer2222
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby tfer2222 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 pm

have doc too. will post some later

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Doc is pretty big - If you PM me your email i'll email you them. If others want me to fill the thread with it I will. I just posted it and i don't wanna annoy anyone with walls of text.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Matteliszt wrote:Doc is pretty big - If you PM me your email i'll email you them. If others want me to fill the thread with it I will. I just posted it and i don't wanna annoy anyone with walls of text.



Dropbox, Docstoc or Skydrive link?

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 am

Edited, I didn't like the wall of text
Last edited by Matteliszt on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby rad lulz » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 am

This thread seems like a decent idea

Prepping for the MBE reminds me of the LSAT

It's like learning a test as much as learning the law

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Matteliszt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:41 am

rad lulz wrote:This thread seems like a decent idea

Prepping for the MBE reminds me of the LSAT

It's like learning a test as much as learning the law


I have the Barbri question bank and the Kaplan question bank and there are certainly themes that I've seen running throughout. I'm not smart, and by just bulk grinding questions I've gotten substantially better. It's sheer memorization my brotha.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby quakeroats » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:17 am

rad lulz wrote:This thread seems like a decent idea

Prepping for the MBE reminds me of the LSAT

It's like learning a test as much as learning the law


+1

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Bikeflip » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Torts: An action is still foreseeable, even if it's very unlikely.

c3pO4
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby c3pO4 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:58 am

the problem with this thread is... if you know a trick well enough to post it here, you're not going to forget to spot it on the exam... and if you don't know a trick when you see it, having seen it in this thread probably won't help. the best thing is to do practice Q's, see the tricks, and review the ones you missed and that you spotted to commit them to memory.

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: MBE review/strategy hangout

Postby Bikeflip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Anyone buy the BarMax question bank for $99? It's like 1,400 questions for the price.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests