The most insane law school related lie you ever heard...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Would any intelligent person - regardless of ethnicity - waste a 165 on Cooley?

With like...a 2.1 GPA, sure.
33%
Not a chance. Dude is lying through his teeth!
26%
Maybe a ditz would, but he shouldn't be practicing law.
41%

Total votes: 78

Peg

Re: The most insane law school related lie you ever heard...

Postby Peg » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:22 pm

LeninLunchbox wrote:
Morgan12Oak wrote:For one, you mention "regardless of ethnicity" which means you're an ignorant fuck.

JusticeJackson wrote:How did ethnicity come up in this poll? I don't get it.

NYstate wrote:What does ethnicity have to do with it?

You guys really want TLS to know just how not racist you are don't you?

Or, strangely enough, maybe they really aren't Stormfront members.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm

Is he from Michigan? Did he live at home (no living expenses)? It seems like someone with a 165 LSAT would have the intellect to do extremely well grade wise at Cooley. How did he place in the class? Which bar exam did he/is he taking?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:31 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:Is he from Michigan? Did he live at home (no living expenses)? It seems like someone with a 165 LSAT would have the intellect to do extremely well grade wise at Cooley. How did he place in the class? Which bar exam did he/is he taking?

You guys all seem to be confusing intelligence or test taking aptitude with common sense and social functioning. I know certified geniuses, people with perfect SAT scores etc..., who can't get it together enough to put a matching pair of socks on and brush their teeth, let alone put themselves in positions commensurate with their level of intelligence.

bgdddymtty

Postby bgdddymtty » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Peg wrote:
LeninLunchbox wrote:
Morgan12Oak wrote:For one, you mention "regardless of ethnicity" which means you're an ignorant fuck.

JusticeJackson wrote:How did ethnicity come up in this poll? I don't get it.

NYstate wrote:What does ethnicity have to do with it?

You guys really want TLS to know just how not racist you are don't you?

Or, strangely enough, maybe they really aren't Stormfront members.
...who also happen to not be able to apply context. Why did OP bring up ethnicity? Is it because he's a horrible racist (ethnicist?) who means to imply that those of some ethnicities are less wise than those of others? Or could it possibly be that--as every single TLS poster knows--the admissions/scholarship value of a given LSAT score varies by race/ethnicity due to URM bumps?

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:Is he from Michigan? Did he live at home (no living expenses)? It seems like someone with a 165 LSAT would have the intellect to do extremely well grade wise at Cooley. How did he place in the class? Which bar exam did he/is he taking?

You guys all seem to be confusing intelligence or test taking aptitude with common sense and social functioning. I know certified geniuses, people with perfect SAT scores etc..., who can't get it together enough to put a matching pair of socks on and brush their teeth, let alone put themselves in positions commensurate with their level of intelligence.

You don't need to have common sense and social grace to take a law school exam. There's evidence that lsat scores (taken with ugpa) correlate with law school class rank:

http://www.lsac.org/jd/pdfs/lsat-score- ... rmance.pdf

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”