How hard is the bar ?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
neimanmarxist

How hard is the bar ?

Postby neimanmarxist » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 am

I'm finding a lot of variation in the difficulty level of the different tests. For instance, torts MPQ1 Set 5 destroyed me, but I did much, much better on the MBE preview 25-question test. What is the actual level of difficulty of the bar exam? Are BarBri's questions representative, or are some of these things supposed to terrify us? Why are the MBE Previews so much easier?

Damn I wish the torts professor at my school had actually taught torts. :?

NotMyRealName09

Re: How hard is the bar ?

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:18 am

neimanmarxist wrote:I'm finding a lot of variation in the difficulty level of the different tests. For instance, torts MPQ1 Set 5 destroyed me, but I did much, much better on the MBE preview 25-question test. What is the actual level of difficulty of the bar exam? Are BarBri's questions representative, or are some of these things supposed to terrify us? Why are the MBE Previews so much easier?

Why do batters in the on-deck circle have donuts on their bats?

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:22 am

Depends on the state

In my state, 98% of grads from my school pass

finnandjake2

Postby finnandjake2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:39 am

Nova wrote:Depends on the state

In my state, 98% of grads from my school pass

+1.

Also, nice tar.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:17 pm

The questions on the exam are very difficult.

You do not need to answer many multiple choice questions right, or be particularly correct on the essays, to obtain a passing score.

HTH.

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:19 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:I'm finding a lot of variation in the difficulty level of the different tests. For instance, torts MPQ1 Set 5 destroyed me, but I did much, much better on the MBE preview 25-question test. What is the actual level of difficulty of the bar exam? Are BarBri's questions representative, or are some of these things supposed to terrify us? Why are the MBE Previews so much easier?

Why do batters in the on-deck circle have donuts on their bats?

Because they want to throw their swing off, it's a silly practice.

BeautifulSW

Postby BeautifulSW » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:50 pm

If you are graduating in the top 2/3 of your class, you will probably pass barring some unforeseen disaster like appendicitis during the MBE. Bar exam questions are generally easier than the final exam questions you wrote in law school. The things that make the bar exam difficult are the breadth of knowledge required and the marathon nature of the exam itself. There won't be any trick or arcane questions on the bar exam nor will there be any policy arguments. Finally, the bar exam isn't a competition. A pass is a pass and that's all that will ever matter.

Bronte

Postby Bronte » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 pm

The higher numbered MPQ sets are harder than the lower numbered ones. The MBE Previews are, I believe, the easiest. They give the hard sets to better prepare you. It's a pretty common preparation tactic.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”