Bar Exam Computer Crash Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ben bernanke

New

Bar Exam Computer Crash

Post by ben bernanke » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 pm

In the event of a computer crash during the bar exam, we are told to start handwriting the responses. Does that mean start from where you left off (i.e. ExamSoft saves your progress and the typed and handwritten responses will be collated)? Or do you literally have to start writing the essays from the very beginning?

I ask for purposes of the California Bar Exam (don't know if that makes a difference).

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Re: Bar Exam Computer Crash

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:43 am

Right where you left off.

DwightSchruteFarms

Bronze

Post by DwightSchruteFarms » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:47 am

ben bernanke wrote:In the event of a computer crash during the bar exam, we are told to start handwriting the responses. Does that mean start from where you left off (i.e. ExamSoft saves your progress and the typed and handwritten responses will be collated)? Or do you literally have to start writing the essays from the very beginning?

I ask for purposes of the California Bar Exam (don't know if that makes a difference).
Barbri reccs that you hand-write three essays just to get a feel in case tragedy strikes

mjj

New

Post by mjj » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:03 pm

The lady who talked about this for Texas basically said if your computer crashes you're SOL, nothing you can do (which I assume means, not only can they not help you, you can't start handwriting). Can anyone weigh in on whether that's actually true?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”