KAPLAN BAR REVIEW hangout

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sandcastle45

Re: KAPLAN BAR REVIEW hangout

Postby sandcastle45 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:57 am

What page is the commercial paper one on? I can't find it now. Thanks so much Tanicius!!!

shock259

Postby shock259 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Whyyyyy are you guys still studying?! :P

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:42 pm

shock259 wrote:Whyyyyy are you guys still studying?! :P

Because I watched 8 episodes of Orange is the New black yesterday after waking up at noon.

I'm just reviewing NY materials in between TLSing excessively.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm forcing myself not to review. I happily read Tani's amazing summaries on Commercial Paper and Secured Transactions last night, but once I started reading Agency and then Partnerships, I realized that I already knew the rest of the subjects fairly well. In a cost-benefit analysis, giving my brain the day off far outweighs whatever nominal extra info I might hope to get into my head.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah I wrote those primarily for folks who didn't have the time to get to them earlier. If you've already read over each summary subject outline two or three times since watching the lectures, you're not going to learn anything useful. This is especially true for MBE subjects. I haven't cracked a peek at any MBE outlines in weeks. Whenever I do I just get anxious because I spot something I am bound to take out of context and use to get multiple choice question wrong.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:03 pm

I cleaned my laptop screen and keys and put it away and printed my seat ticket. Now I just need to go buy 1 liter drinks and a gallon bag and I am set.

sandcastle45

Postby sandcastle45 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:47 pm

I wish we could have water bottles. :oops: :cry: I am kind of seriously afraid of having a dehydration problems during this test. I'm the type of person who always needs a water bottle with them. All we have is "water stations" outside of the room, which just wastes time while you're trying to drink. *sigh*. Guess I'll have to time my pee breaks with my water breaks.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:54 pm

sandcastle45 wrote:I wish we could have water bottles. :oops: :cry: I am kind of seriously afraid of having a dehydration problems during this test. I'm the type of person who always needs a water bottle with them. All we have is "water stations" outside of the room, which just wastes time while you're trying to drink. *sigh*. Guess I'll have to time my pee breaks with my water breaks.

If it's any consolation I hear our bathroom is a 15 minute round trip lol.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:56 pm

sandcastle45 wrote:I wish we could have water bottles. :oops: :cry: I am kind of seriously afraid of having a dehydration problems during this test. I'm the type of person who always needs a water bottle with them. All we have is "water stations" outside of the room, which just wastes time while you're trying to drink. *sigh*. Guess I'll have to time my pee breaks with my water breaks.

I am really thanking the relative rationality of my state's bar examiners. We can have ANY beverage as long as it has a lid on it, all the food we can fit in our plastic bag as long as it's not wrapped, and there are no admission tickets, just bring your damn driver's license because we're the state and the state said that's valid ID so FINE.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:15 pm

I just can't believe that someone would have the balls to try to fake their identity for this test. There's so many safeguards before you can ever get even close to the test center... And the consequences of getting caught are so severe... It's literally less work to study for the bar than fake your identity on this test, and that's saying a lot.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:05 pm

notedgarfigaro wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:
bazinga! wrote:
soccerfreak wrote:Alright guys, my primary distraction of the past week has finally culminated in a first date, possibly the night of the exam. Am I doing bar studying completely right, or completely wrong?

Tuesday night or Wednesday night? Wednesday night - then bravo and well done. Tuesday night...I don't see that date going great for either of you.

Oh gosh. Yea Wednesday night, I'm not completely insane.

Is she cute/do I know her?

Whoa Themis creeper alert.

1) Yes, 2) No

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:18 pm

I feel the anxiety rising, so I'm watching Bad Boys II to shut my brain off. It's working perfectly.

ETA: I mean in between spotting Criminal Procedure violations. So, so many Criminal Procedure violations.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:17 pm

sidhesadie wrote:

I am really thanking the relative rationality of my state's bar examiners. We can have ANY beverage as long as it has a lid on it, all the food we can fit in our plastic bag as long as it's not wrapped, and there are no admission tickets, just bring your damn driver's license because we're the state and the state said that's valid ID so FINE.

I'm ready glad we need admissions tickets. The last thing I need is to be forced to try to remember my seat number and bole ID.

silky bruh

Postby silky bruh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Just used tanicus's secured transaction lesson to explain how to attack an essay to my buddy (off the top of my head!). Felt good, man.

orm518

Postby orm518 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 am

lisjjen wrote:I feel the anxiety rising, so I'm watching Bad Boys II to shut my brain off. It's working perfectly.

ETA: I mean in between spotting Criminal Procedure violations. So, so many Criminal Procedure violations.

I have been watching The Practice, a classic, and pausing to consult my Crim and Crim Pro outlines. Not sure if that's bad or good.

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 am

sidhesadie wrote:

imagine taking the bar drunk

thebarcaneatme

Postby thebarcaneatme » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:11 am

Kaplan is for people who can't get into Barbri

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:22 am

thebarcaneatme wrote:Kaplan is for people who can't get into Barbri

say that to my face and not online and see what happens

semplice

Postby semplice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 am

Good luck everyone!

bazinga!

Postby bazinga! » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:28 am

Good luck today!!

thebarcaneatme

Postby thebarcaneatme » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

I snuck my phone in and am texting from the toilet!

bazinga!

Postby bazinga! » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Email from kaplan at 10:00 am - your essay has been graded. Oh thanks kaplan! I'll just pop out and check that and it will will...oh wait. I know it doesn't matter but on principle it annoyed me.

thebarcaneatme

Postby thebarcaneatme » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:37 pm

bazinga! wrote:Email from kaplan at 10:00 am - your essay has been graded. Oh thanks kaplan! I'll just pop out and check that and it will will...oh wait. I know it doesn't matter but on principle it annoyed me.

How'd you do on it?

a male human

Postby a male human » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:06 pm

bazinga! wrote:Email from kaplan at 10:00 am - your essay has been graded. Oh thanks kaplan! I'll just pop out and check that and it will will...oh wait. I know it doesn't matter but on principle it annoyed me.

If you're in CA, it might help for Thursday.

If you're not in CA (or the couple other states that have a 3-day bar), don't complain that you can't use it for the 3rd day.

thebarcaneatme

Postby thebarcaneatme » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

a male human wrote:

If you're in CA, it might help for Thursday.

If you're not in CA (or the couple other states that have a 3-day bar), don't complain that you can't use it for the 3rd day.

A third day is good but bad?

I don't get it

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”