Scholarship Stipulations Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
I.P. Daly

Silver

Re: Scholarship Stipulations

Post by I.P. Daly » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm

A really good indicator of where you'll place is to compare your LSAT and GPA to that of the entering class or former entering classes. If your going in near the top, chances are, barring unforeseen events, you'll be fine.

It's not guaranteed, but LSAT/UGPA is a pretty damn good indicator of law school success.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:58 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:A really good indicator of where you'll place is to compare your LSAT and GPA to that of the entering class or former entering classes. If your going in near the top, chances are, barring unforeseen events, you'll be fine.

It's not guaranteed, but LSAT/UGPA is a pretty damn good indicator of law school success.
I mean why else would they use that for admissions decisions right?

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:A really good indicator of where you'll place is to compare your LSAT and GPA to that of the entering class or former entering classes. If your going in near the top, chances are, barring unforeseen events, you'll be fine.

I'd be curious to see some data on this. My perception doesn't really jive with that but I admittedly don't have too many data points either.

FWIW: my UGPA was far below the 25% percentile, and my LSAT was ~75%. So I guess I should have been average. But I ended up doing much better. I studied my ass off 1L, and I definitely did not do that in undergrad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”