Warning, rant ahead. No more big rants before the exam, I promise. I just want to make this one.
"In Commonwealth v. Dwyer, a 2006 case, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court revised the protocols governing the disclosure of all statutorily privileged records..."
Groan. Yeah, I remember when we covered that case in the lecture.
Geez Barbri, not even your ridiculously overbroad chart of mostly irrelevant, ass-covering, "We can say we gave you everything, except any guidance on what is important!" distinctions even mentions this. Of course, I wouldn't be worrying about it if Barbri provided, in its $4000 mountain of materials, more than a single, context-less ACTUAL MODEL ESSAY ANSWER. As in, an essay answer that:
1. Addresses a real or at least reasonable question
2. Gives an answer that is written under realistic conditions
3. Gives a level of explanation and knowledge of the law commensurate with that needed to score high on the essay, not the best that can possibly be done by a law professor writing with a treatise next to him and no time limits
4. Does not raise issues that are non-existent in the question just so it can knock them down, directly contravening instruction in the essay lecture
5. Does not literally quote state supreme court cases on non-major isssues
Seriously. You provided ONE model essay answer. The MA bar examiners only released that one? Fine. Write your own. Write a realistic model essay answer. This isn't rocket science. Don't drop a two-second footnote at the head of one of the lectures, "Oh yeah guys, these three paragraphs here are actually what you want half your entire bar exam to look like. So, you know, don't worry that LITERALLY ALL OUR MATERIALS DON'T LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THIS! No worries."
That Barbri dares to shill "supplemental" essay review towards the end of the course after providing shockingly little realistic guidance on essay testing throws in a nice dash of naked greed to go with the generally incompetent, fear-mongering approach to exam preparation. I hope Themis, notwithstanding all their i-pad hawking silliness, ruins your shit.