BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby clashjones87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 am

bgdddymtty wrote:
acdisagod wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.


I feel pretty confident about the nuisance answer, although my crazy girlfirend would probably kill me for ever calling cats a nuisance.
Cats' primary function in the universe is to deprive people of the use and enjoyment of their property.


+1

veramonroe
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby veramonroe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:19 am

Mroberts3 wrote:I don't want to be the goody two shoes here but I think we aren't supposed to discuss the specific questions. Not that I care, but internet stuff stays is all I'm saying.

Other comments:

I had massive strings for all letters at various points. To those who had A TON of Ds at the end of the afternoon, I'm right there too so I think that is a good sign. I agree with whoever said you choose the best answer and then realize its the same as the last 6 and just go "FUUUUUUU"

I also feel like that was harder than the released NCBE tests, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't. Here is my reasoning: 1) you feel like there were more you guessed on because you did so many questions at once; 2) you can't check after 25 questions to verify you only missed a few; 3) the NCBE tests have an average scale of 140 which, with a 10-15 point scale is exactly the raw that Barbri says to expect on the real thing as an average; 4) you agonize over the ones you don't know instead of just choosing your best answer and moving on. I noticed this because I was behind on time both sessions even though I finished early on practices. This was clearly because I was spending more time on the hard ones and not letting go. My last 15 questions felt much better because they were more like practices where I just chose the best one and moved on. I may have missed some, but I feel better about my performance because I'm ignorant of any mistakes. Finally, the experimental ones are more likely to be weird so you feel less certain. After all 5% of the questions is not an insignificant amount if they confuse you.


The Supreme Court has ruled that anonymous speech is protected and I intend all of my speech on here to be anonymous. That is my disclosure statement to the NSA and any other snooper. The 4th amendment still exists, right?

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Torvon » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 am

veramonroe wrote:
Mroberts3 wrote:I don't want to be the goody two shoes here but I think we aren't supposed to discuss the specific questions. Not that I care, but internet stuff stays is all I'm saying.

Other comments:

I had massive strings for all letters at various points. To those who had A TON of Ds at the end of the afternoon, I'm right there too so I think that is a good sign. I agree with whoever said you choose the best answer and then realize its the same as the last 6 and just go "FUUUUUUU"

I also feel like that was harder than the released NCBE tests, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't. Here is my reasoning: 1) you feel like there were more you guessed on because you did so many questions at once; 2) you can't check after 25 questions to verify you only missed a few; 3) the NCBE tests have an average scale of 140 which, with a 10-15 point scale is exactly the raw that Barbri says to expect on the real thing as an average; 4) you agonize over the ones you don't know instead of just choosing your best answer and moving on. I noticed this because I was behind on time both sessions even though I finished early on practices. This was clearly because I was spending more time on the hard ones and not letting go. My last 15 questions felt much better because they were more like practices where I just chose the best one and moved on. I may have missed some, but I feel better about my performance because I'm ignorant of any mistakes. Finally, the experimental ones are more likely to be weird so you feel less certain. After all 5% of the questions is not an insignificant amount if they confuse you.


The Supreme Court has ruled that anonymous speech is protected and I intend all of my speech on here to be anonymous. That is my disclosure statement to the NSA and any other snooper. The 4th amendment still exists, right?


I was hoping one of the essays was going to ask us to evaluate their little warning on the front of the books. "This is copyrighted, you can't even discuss it or you are violating the law. blah blah blah"

blong4133
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby blong4133 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 am

I'm just so damn disappointed with myself. I feel like I just royally shit the bed tuesday and wednesday.

Didn't analyze any of the essays well enough, even though i knew the rules (at least I think I did), and felt like I guessed on most of the MBE questions and couldn't figure out how to attack the haunted house MPT.

One of my buddies who took the bar in Tennessee said there was a guy who didn't even answer three of the essays. They give you one MPT and three essays to do in 3 hours, and said that one guy spent the entire 3 hours on that MPT....so at least I didn't do anything like that.

Nynaeve
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Nynaeve » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 am

Exoneration question in which the Will didn't explicitly state exoneration, but said something like "My debts are to be paid off by my estate." Insufficient to invoke exon, right? For NY, Barbri said it had to be "explicitly" invoking exoneration, and not just a general provision stating the debts are to be paid off by the estate. Barbri never gave us an MBE version, but the CMR uses similar language.

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby BCLS » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 am

Anyone have a massive string without a B?

blong4133
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby blong4133 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:14 pm

BCLS wrote:Anyone have a massive string without a B?


I had strings without certain letters, and strings that were nothing but a certain letter. I think my longest was a string of 5 or 6 of b's, then a much longer string without certain letters.

I know that people always say they play head games and I'm hoping that's what they were trying to do. I remember when I had my dad for psychology in high school he gave us a 30 question quiz where every answer was "B" just to see if it would make us change our answers.

Maybe that was one of their mental games they were playing (in addition to the actual answer choices).

BCLS
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:40 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby BCLS » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:15 pm

blong4133 wrote:
BCLS wrote:Anyone have a massive string without a B?


I had strings without certain letters, and strings that were nothing but a certain letter. I think my longest was a string of 5 or 6 of b's, then a much longer string without certain letters.

I know that people always say they play head games and I'm hoping that's what they were trying to do. I remember when I had my dad for psychology in high school he gave us a 30 question quiz where every answer was "B" just to see if it would make us change our answers.

Maybe that was one of their mental games they were playing (in addition to the actual answer choices).

Yeah it made me nervous. I went back and checked but didn't change any answers. I guess it's pointless to fret now right haha?

User avatar
Joe Quincy
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Joe Quincy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:21 pm

.
Last edited by Joe Quincy on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nynaeve
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Nynaeve » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
Nynaeve wrote:Exoneration question in which the Will didn't explicitly state exoneration, but said something like "My debts are to be paid off by my estate." Insufficient to invoke exon, right? For NY, Barbri said it had to be "explicitly" invoking exoneration, and not just a general provision stating the debts are to be paid off by the estate. Barbri never gave us an MBE version, but the CMR uses similar language.


There was a statute, right in the question, that said it was insufficient.

Right. So I remember two exoneration questions. That one I thought was clear, but I could've sworn there was an exoneration question before that, without a statute.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby goodolgil » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Nynaeve wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:
Nynaeve wrote:Exoneration question in which the Will didn't explicitly state exoneration, but said something like "My debts are to be paid off by my estate." Insufficient to invoke exon, right? For NY, Barbri said it had to be "explicitly" invoking exoneration, and not just a general provision stating the debts are to be paid off by the estate. Barbri never gave us an MBE version, but the CMR uses similar language.


There was a statute, right in the question, that said it was insufficient.

Right. So I remember two exoneration questions. That one I thought was clear, but I could've sworn there was an exoneration question before that, without a statute.


Exoneration of liens is the common law rule, so the son gets the mortgage paid out of the residue of the estate.

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby clashjones87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:08 pm

abortino question: was the answer that it would be evaluated under undue burden test?

felon voting question: was the answer that it woudl not be upheld bc it wouldnt pass strict scrutiny?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby kaiser » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 pm

clashjones87 wrote:abortino question: was the answer that it would be evaluated under undue burden test?

felon voting question: was the answer that it woudl not be upheld bc it wouldnt pass strict scrutiny?


Yes and yes (I assume)

Nynaeve
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Nynaeve » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:16 pm

goodolgil wrote:
Nynaeve wrote:
Joe Quincy wrote:
Nynaeve wrote:Exoneration question in which the Will didn't explicitly state exoneration, but said something like "My debts are to be paid off by my estate." Insufficient to invoke exon, right? For NY, Barbri said it had to be "explicitly" invoking exoneration, and not just a general provision stating the debts are to be paid off by the estate. Barbri never gave us an MBE version, but the CMR uses similar language.


There was a statute, right in the question, that said it was insufficient.

Right. So I remember two exoneration questions. That one I thought was clear, but I could've sworn there was an exoneration question before that, without a statute.


Exoneration of liens is the common law rule, so the son gets the mortgage paid out of the residue of the estate.

Crap. I knew that, but I didn't know if the invocation of the right in the Will was sufficient, because it didn't refer to exoneration.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6374
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 5ky » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Rehashing Qs is something I'll never understand.

corporatelaw87
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby corporatelaw87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Concealment of flood damage?

Same sex couple question?

Statute that was neutral but person why bringing religion claim?

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby clashjones87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 pm

corporatelaw87 wrote:Concealment of flood damage?

Same sex couple question?

Statute that was neutral but person why bringing religion claim?


buyer recovers b/c its concealment

i didnt have this

??

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 pm

corporatelaw87 wrote:Concealment of flood damage?

Same sex couple question?

Statute that was neutral but person why bringing religion claim?

I said couldn't conceal

don't remember the others

corporatelaw87
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby corporatelaw87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 pm

MSPeast wrote:
corporatelaw87 wrote:Concealment of flood damage?

Same sex couple question?

Statute that was neutral but person why bringing religion claim?

I said couldn't conceal

don't remember the others



I was thinking couldn't conceal and am kicking myself for not choosing it. I said it was a material misrep....even tho he didn't outright say it

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Well finally done in Texas. Not feeling well about those essays today.

Naudia
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Naudia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Well finally done in Texas. Not feeling well about those essays today.


OMFG me too! An ENTIRE ESSAY on protective orders? And one on PLLPs (with LP as the pair essay?)? What in the holy fuck?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Naudia wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Well finally done in Texas. Not feeling well about those essays today.


OMFG me too! An ENTIRE ESSAY on protective orders? And one on PLLPs (with LP as the pair essay?)? What in the holy fuck?


Haha the family law ones really threw me for a loop. Protective orders and grandparents rights!? I felt like some were more short answer and less essays. Especially the PLLc one.

franklinlincoln
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby franklinlincoln » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:25 pm

On religion, Employment Division v. Smith. Neutral on its face = rational basis.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 pm

franklinlincoln wrote:On religion, Employment Division v. Smith. Neutral on its face = rational basis.

This was the kid who brought a club to school right? (The MBE question, not that case.) I went with rational basis since it wasn't actually targeted at religion but just happened to have that effect.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby goodolgil » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

MSPeast wrote:
franklinlincoln wrote:On religion, Employment Division v. Smith. Neutral on its face = rational basis.

This was the kid who brought a club to school right? (The MBE question, not that case.) I went with rational basis since it wasn't actually targeted at religion but just happened to have that effect.


I think ppl in the other thread were saying that question was experimental. I had it, but don't remember the wording of the answer choices.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StaviTavi1290 and 12 guests