BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:47 pm

MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 pm

I had double 26. AM started out very rough but got better toward the end. PM was also generally rough, but not as bad as first half of AM.

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby swc65 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:49 pm

blong4133 wrote:Felt like i was guessing on most of those questions.

I went into the MBE feeling pretty good as I was hitting anywhere from 70-90% on the practice sets. I feel like if I got 60 questionright total, it will be a small miracle. Don't know if it was barbri or if I did something wrong during my prep (overstudied/didn't study right etc)

Just extremely ticked when I think about all the work I spent studying, and to feel like it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.



Def not you! I had 165-170 scaled on the ncbe tests and this was just atrocious. On the ncbe FAQ page they are very defensive re increases in the average scaled score and the perception that he test is getting easier. Maybe they're trying to correct that.

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby legalnoeagle » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 pm

MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.



Agreed. I remember the prompt mentioning that the owner lost her use/enjoyment of the patio, which keyed me to nuisance.

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby englawyer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:56 pm

MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.


i think C (trespass). physical invasion. trespass doesn't require the person actually enter the land; they can throw a baseball onto the land and its trespass.

then to get from baseballs to cats, "intent" of intentional tort is actually knowledge/substantial certainty. so if she can argue the apartment owner knows of the cats, the apt owner is liable for trespass.

its a stretch but i think the cats are an actual physical invasion rather than a sound/odor/etc invasion. who knows though, tricky one

User avatar
skamike
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby skamike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 pm

I had 26AM 15PM

1. I felt Barbri missed the boat on the 26AM. I questions weren't the same, they didn't hit on the same points...I just remember silently cursing Barbri during that morning portion

2. 15PM felt much easier—but I have no idea what a due-on-clause is and why it matters

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby usuaggie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 pm

skamike wrote:I had 26AM 15PM

1. I felt Barbri missed the boat on the 26AM. I questions weren't the same, they didn't hit on the same points...I just remember silently cursing Barbri during that morning portion

2. 15PM felt much easier—but I have no idea what a due-on-clause is and why it matters

26 on both. Sailed in AM, not PM

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 pm

usuaggie wrote:
skamike wrote:I had 26AM 15PM

1. I felt Barbri missed the boat on the 26AM. I questions weren't the same, they didn't hit on the same points...I just remember silently cursing Barbri during that morning portion

2. 15PM felt much easier—but I have no idea what a due-on-clause is and why it matters

26 on both. Sailed in AM, not PM

Actually in retrospect, 26 PM was also awful. I think it just didn't feel as bad for me since by that point I was used to the awful MBE.

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby clashjones87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm

englawyer wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.


i think C (trespass). physical invasion. trespass doesn't require the person actually enter the land; they can throw a baseball onto the land and its trespass.

then to get from baseballs to cats, "intent" of intentional tort is actually knowledge/substantial certainty. so if she can argue the apartment owner knows of the cats, the apt owner is liable for trespass.

its a stretch but i think the cats are an actual physical invasion rather than a sound/odor/etc invasion. who knows though, tricky one


You have to intend a physical invasion, and I don't think the fact pattern indicated that the neighbor knew or had any reason to know of the problem.

User avatar
ace_of_spades
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby ace_of_spades » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:32 pm

:shock:
Last edited by ace_of_spades on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby usuaggie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:33 pm

clashjones87 wrote:
englawyer wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.


i think C (trespass). physical invasion. trespass doesn't require the person actually enter the land; they can throw a baseball onto the land and its trespass.

then to get from baseballs to cats, "intent" of intentional tort is actually knowledge/substantial certainty. so if she can argue the apartment owner knows of the cats, the apt owner is liable for trespass.

its a stretch but i think the cats are an actual physical invasion rather than a sound/odor/etc invasion. who knows though, tricky one


You have to intend a physical invasion, and I don't think the fact pattern indicated that the neighbor knew or had any reason to know of the problem.


85% sure nuisance

Nynaeve
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby Nynaeve » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:39 pm

If you get any experimentals right, does that count toward your score at all?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby usuaggie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Nynaeve wrote:If you get any experimentals right, does that count toward your score at all?

No

User avatar
funkyturds
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby funkyturds » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 pm

quick question about the bathrooms--contractor can recover 30k because the k was divisible? didn't review divisible contracts at all...

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby purell2 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:46 pm

What does 26AM / 15PM stand for? Were these the form numbers on the front page of the question packets?
Last edited by purell2 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby clashjones87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 pm

funkyturds wrote:quick question about the bathrooms--contractor can recover 30k because the k was divisible? didn't review divisible contracts at all...


i put yes, contractor can reover the 30k.

jkay
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby jkay » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 pm

Reasonable value of services? Bro breached, I don't think he keeps the profit.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 am

clashjones87 wrote:
funkyturds wrote:quick question about the bathrooms--contractor can recover 30k because the k was divisible? didn't review divisible contracts at all...


i put yes, contractor can reover the 30k.

I went with this, a contract is divisible when the prices are split out. If the contract was just like "60K for two bathrooms" (or whatever the cost was) then it would be a different result.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby 02122015 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 am

purell2 wrote:What does 26AM / 15PM stand for? Were these the form numbers on the front page of the question packets?

Yes.

corporatelaw87
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby corporatelaw87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:05 am

.
Last edited by corporatelaw87 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

clashjones87
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby clashjones87 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 am

corporatelaw87 wrote:Bill of Attainer anywhere?


naw

purell2
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby purell2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 am

MSPeast wrote:
purell2 wrote:What does 26AM / 15PM stand for? Were these the form numbers on the front page of the question packets?

Yes.


Ah--thanks so much! Wasn't it a much longer string of numbers, though?

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby acdisagod » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 am

MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.


I feel pretty confident about the nuisance answer, although my crazy girlfirend would probably kill me for ever calling cats a nuisance.

User avatar
bgdddymtty
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby bgdddymtty » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:50 am

acdisagod wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
MBZags wrote:What was the letter answer for the cats entering and shitting on someone's land due to trash cans in the neighboring apartment complex? I derped on that question originally, forgot to go back to it, and then just chose A right at the buzzer when I saw it I missed it.

I think so? Pretty sure it was private nuisance, and I think that was A.


I feel pretty confident about the nuisance answer, although my crazy girlfirend would probably kill me for ever calling cats a nuisance.
Cats' primary function in the universe is to deprive people of the use and enjoyment of their property.

User avatar
bgdddymtty
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Postby bgdddymtty » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:53 am

clashjones87 wrote:You have to intend a physical invasion, and I don't think the fact pattern indicated that the neighbor knew or had any reason to know of the problem.
+1 (literally)




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: freekick and 10 guests