BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
KeepitKind

Bronze

Re: BarBri Thread: People taking Barbri for July 2013 exam

Post by KeepitKind » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

MBE was MUCH tougher than the tests released by ncbe.

bgdddymtty

Silver

Post by bgdddymtty » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm

KeepitKind wrote:MBE was MUCH tougher than the tests released by ncbe.
Yup. I thought it was pretty well on par with the Simulated MBE, which is what I figured when Barbri used weasel words like "this is statistically harder than the MBE." It didn't take all that long, but there were several questions where I thought, I know the rule and the exception, I understand the principle, and this fact pattern seems to sit squarely in the middle.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:04 pm

Way harder than NCBE tests. First half was just a blur of guessing for me. 2nd half was better but still a lot of errors and confusion.

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:05 pm

kaiser wrote:Way harder than NCBE tests. First half was just a blur of guessing for me. 2nd half was better but still a lot of errors and confusion.
Ha - I felt the opposite. Morning wasn't too bad but the afternoon kicked my ass.

Whatever, it's over (hopefully forever).

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:
Yup. I thought it was pretty well on par with the Simulated MBE, which is what I figured when Barbri used weasel words like "this is statistically harder than the MBE." It didn't take all that long, but there were several questions where I thought, I know the rule and the exception, I understand the principle, and this fact pattern seems to sit squarely in the middle.
exactly. lot of pure judgment calls, i thought.

i had a string of that was like 6 in a row and 8 out of 9 of the same letter, when I was doing 50/50s on almost all of them. each time i circled the answer i thought was right and saw it was the same letter, i was like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 pm

5ky wrote:
bgdddymtty wrote:

i had a string of that was like 6 in a row and 8 out of 9 of the same letter, when I was doing 50/50s on almost all of them. each time i circled the answer i thought was right and saw it was the same letter, i was like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Same. Had a string of As on the first half that was epic. I wanted to rip up my scantron.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:12 pm

kaiser wrote:
5ky wrote:
bgdddymtty wrote:

Same. Had a string of As on the first half that was epic. I wanted to rip up my scantron.
Haha exact same thought. I had some pretty epic strings. (C,C,C,C,C,A,A,A,A).

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:34 pm

^ I def had 5 Cs in a row as well haha

phonepro

Bronze

Post by phonepro » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm

how is it that my friend had 2 questions I didnt - we literally only talked about like 10 questions and 2 of them I didn't have. Something about red and green boxes (non conforming goods) and some con law question about drivers license. Did I take the wrong exam lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Joe Quincy

Bronze

Post by Joe Quincy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 pm

Last edited by Joe Quincy on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 pm

phonepro wrote:how is it that my friend had 2 questions I didnt - we literally only talked about like 10 questions and 2 of them I didn't have. Something about red and green boxes (non conforming goods) and some con law question about drivers license. Did I take the wrong exam lol
10 experimental questions bro

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
phonepro wrote:how is it that my friend had 2 questions I didnt - we literally only talked about like 10 questions and 2 of them I didn't have. Something about red and green boxes (non conforming goods) and some con law question about drivers license. Did I take the wrong exam lol
Experimental. I had 4-5 civ pro questions this afternoon. SJ, full faith and credit, Fed Jxd
Same. There were a bunch of CivPro questions on my exam. Too bad they were all experimental, because they were really easy, and I'm sure I nailed them all.
kaiser wrote:
5ky wrote:
bgdddymtty wrote:

Me too! Glad I'm not the only one. Like 10 in a row. Except I had one near the middle where I was torn between A, B and C, total toss-up, and I went with B to break the monotony. But I was pretty confident on the rest, so I think it actually was an epic string of A answers with maybe one different one.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm

I felt like there were a lot of questions either from left field or worded completely different than BarBri's questions. Overall, I thought it was harder than I was made to believe it would be haha.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:55 pm

I think I may have wrote in my BOLE number instead of NCBE number on one of my scantrons. Totally screwed?

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm

My string was of Bs, so there you go. Good times

Joe Quincy

Bronze

Post by Joe Quincy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Last edited by Joe Quincy on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klj1

New

Post by klj1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 pm

5ky wrote:My string was of Bs, so there you go. Good times
Had a massive string of B's also

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bgdddymtty

Silver

Post by bgdddymtty » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:Did all of your states not have you put name? Felt weird considering its a custom scantron.
Texas doesn't do name or SSN.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Joe Quincy wrote:
kaiser wrote:I think I may have wrote in my BOLE number instead of NCBE number on one of my scantrons. Totally screwed?
Did you put your SSN? I think they'll figure it out if did. Maybe contact the bar peeps and let them know so they can let NCBE know to flag.

Did all of your states not have you put name? Felt weird considering its a custom scantron.
Has my SSN, full name, date of birth, etc. So I assume they can figure it out if theu get a non-NCBE number. Ill call to confirm. Hopefully I didn't make that mistake.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 pm

5ky wrote:
bgdddymtty wrote:

We must have had same test

clashjones87

New

Post by clashjones87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: the wills MEE question: pretty sure they wanted a discussion of how adoption normally severs inheritance rights but that it may not have in this case b/c the parenting adopting may have been a close family member.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

clashjones87

New

Post by clashjones87 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm

No one had a string of D's? Uh oh...

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:19 pm

I had several strings of every letter.

ace_of_spades

New

Post by ace_of_spades » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:22 pm

clashjones87 wrote:No one had a string of D's? Uh oh...
I did brah.

Larry Tate

New

Post by Larry Tate » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Do you guys know if you had form 26 or 15 on the second half? I had a shit ton of A on the first part of the test and 29 C's on the second part with the last 20 questions having a string of like 6 C in a row.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”