Grades complete panic mode

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Agent

Re: Grades complete panic mode

Postby Agent » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:41 pm

+1
Jsa725 wrote:IMO, you gotta hustle starting now...
you are not out of the woods if you network like a BOSS. reach out to as many law firm recruiters as possible (big, mid, small), schedule phone calls, meet for coffee... YOU MUST do everything you can to become a "person" in their eyes... otherwise, you will be known on paper - aka by your resume only.

seahawk32

Postby seahawk32 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Go to your school's CSO. Now.

dell

Postby dell » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:49 pm

I want to give another huge thank you to all of you for your advice.

I've started talking to my professors. Im starting to get an idea of where i went wrong so hopefully ill be able to work that out next semester focusing on different things.

I talked to my carreer planning office came up with strategy on where to go from here.

I've been trying to network my ass off this past week and a half. Sent about 30 emails to partners at different firms so far. Already got three phone calls set up as well as 4 lunches scheduled with partners at firms in the area im doing my judicial internship this summer.

Any more advice anybody has is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dell

Postby dell » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
dell wrote:I want to give another huge thank you to all of you for your advice.

I've started talking to my professors. Im starting to get an idea of where i went wrong so hopefully ill be able to work that out next semester focusing on different things.

I talked to my carreer planning office came up with strategy on where to go from here.

I've been trying to network my ass off this past week and a half. Sent about 30 emails to partners at different firms so far. Already got three phone calls set up as well as 4 lunches scheduled with partners at firms in the area im doing my judicial internship this summer.

Any more advice anybody has is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

niiiiiiice hustle 8)

thanks just trying to follow your advice...I also looked at the guide to networking by hustling thread got some great tips.

Now lets just hope all this pays off in the future.

dell

Postby dell » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 am

wanted to give another huge thank you to all of you who have offered advice to me in this thread...huge help guys incredibly grateful.

had a question on mass mailing...I know there are several threads most advice i see is to start in mid july and continue on. Would this be true in my case as well as should I start in june. I need every possible advantage i can get but if i start in late june early july would it just get tossed in the were not even thinking of hiring pile yet

dell

Postby dell » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 pm

I wound up with 4 interviews and a few interviews through semjf so heres hoping for killer interviews!

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:28 pm

dell wrote:I wound up with 4 interviews and a few interviews through semjf so heres hoping for killer interviews!

Good luck!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”