preparing for the patent bar, any suggestions? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jing87

Bronze

preparing for the patent bar, any suggestions?

Post by jing87 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 pm

I just got approved so I have to take the patent bar before August 20th. The problem is I haven't started studying yet and I have to travel oversea end of next month.
My question is : is it possible to pass the bar in 4 weeks(I don't have anything else to do now, so I can study as much as I need per day)? if yes, how should I study for these four weeks. I purchased that Bullseye prep, but only reading that plus drilling old exam would be enough? should I buy some more expensive prep course? patbar, PLI? Do I need to read the MPEP (I tried read it but it is just too boring almost put me in a coma).
Please, some suggestion, any suggestion?

asheemashee

New

Re: preparing for the patent bar, any suggestions?

Post by asheemashee » Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 pm

jing87 wrote:I just got approved so I have to take the patent bar before August 20th. The problem is I haven't started studying yet and I have to travel oversea end of next month.
My question is : is it possible to pass the bar in 4 weeks(I don't have anything else to do now, so I can study as much as I need per day)? if yes, how should I study for these four weeks. I purchased that Bullseye prep, but only reading that plus drilling old exam would be enough? should I buy some more expensive prep course? patbar, PLI? Do I need to read the MPEP (I tried read it but it is just too boring almost put me in a coma).
Please, some suggestion, any suggestion?
I ONLY studied the PLI stuff but had picked up a lot from years of working as a tech spec. I would study the prep material, whatever you already have, and then work on the past exams. Back when I took it, in 2010, most of the questions were repeats from the old exams. I know that the exam has changed now but I still think studying the past exams can help a lot. I also bought a crappy patent bar ipad APP and practiced pretty much until the last minute and during my break. Read Chapter 2100 if you have time. If you don't, at least read the titles and try to memorize where everything is. You will have a searchable MPEP there but it is important to know where to look. Good luck!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”