SA + Summer School? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
janefbk

New

SA + Summer School?

Post by janefbk » Tue May 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can give me advice. I need to take summer units in order to graduate in the spring (I was a PT transfer to FT). I was only going to take a Saturday class but I would like to take another class during the week so that my 3L year won't be so rough. I start my SA position this Monday and summer classes start on the 28th. Has anyone ever taken any summer classes during their SA position? Is this even doable? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Shammis

Bronze

Re: SA + Summer School?

Post by Shammis » Tue May 14, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm doing it so I can work with my firm through the fall.

OneMoreLawHopeful

Silver

Post by OneMoreLawHopeful » Tue May 14, 2013 9:48 pm

I know someone who did it last year. He said how "doable" it was depended entirely on how large your summer class is, because that bears directly on when summer events will take place.

If the office only hired 2 summers, then you'll get a fair amount of say on what days the summer events take place, and even if you can't make some of the events most people in the office will remember you because there are only 2 summers to remember in the first place.

But, if you're one of 12, then you'll have less say, and you can ill afford to miss events because people in the office will be less likely to remember anything about you in the first place (since you're competing with 12 others for their attention).

KidStuddi

Bronze

Post by KidStuddi » Wed May 15, 2013 9:23 am

I wouldn't do it unless it's absolutely necessary and from the sound of your post it isn't. I don't know how rough your 3L year could possibly be, but I really can't imagine it being that difficult under any circumstances. Also, isn't it cheaper to take the course as part of a full semester instead of doing it over the summer? Or do you still pay per credit even as a full time student at your school?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”