Yo bar passers, can I take weekend off at beginning of July Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stratocophic

Gold

Yo bar passers, can I take weekend off at beginning of July

Post by stratocophic » Tue May 14, 2013 2:48 am

Barbri has nothing scheduled on July 4th's 4 day weekend. Bar zam's 29th-30th. My girl's working on the other side of the country for the summer so she can't fly out to me till mid-August. There's no other decent time for me to go out there unless this thread informs me that missing days in the middle of Barbri is NBD.

State's pass rate for first time takers = 75-90%.

For background, assume I: suffer from neither TTTest stress nor low IQ; can focus binge on work for days on end when motivated (was an issue in lawl school, won't be an issue with my job on the line); was in the running for/won CALI awards when I tried in classes so speed shouldn't be a problem; have great recall for stupid details, so memory shouldn't be a problem.

Can I take July 4th weekend off to visit her and just crank it up for the last 3 weeks, or is that a monumental mistake?

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Yo bar passers, can I take weekend off at beginning of July

Post by romothesavior » Tue May 14, 2013 10:01 am

Haven't taken yet (obviously), but I think you'll be fine dude. A day or two off in a two month study period is NBD, especially since you can just watch the vids online.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am

Thread is relevant to my interests, IMO... only I am planning on taking 4-5 days off.

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:50 am

I took July 4th long weekend to chillax and clear my mind. Then hit it hard the rest of the way. I recommend it - you need to avoid burnout in the final stretch.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:I took July 4th long weekend to chillax and clear my mind. Then hit it hard the rest of the way. I recommend it - you need to avoid burnout in the final stretch.
Excellent. Time to book dem tickets
romothesavior wrote:Haven't taken yet (obviously), but I think you'll be fine dude. A day or two off in a two month study period is NBD, especially since you can just watch the vids online.
Yeah figured as much but you know, had to make sure I wasn't begging to join the unmotivated, unlucky and unintelligent in February

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 am

Might even be a good idea.

The Bar Exam is usually easier than your exams in law school were in any given subject. What makes the Bar such a Big Deal are the sheer breadth of material that you must have at your fingertips and the marathon nature of the examination itself. A Bar review course really is just that; a "review". You already know most of the material from your first year courses.

Be nice, wouldn't it, if they'd let you take the stupid thing during your second year then defer your admission until you receive your J.D. Medicine does something like that, I believe, administering the licensing exam in parts throughout one's training.

EDIT: I don't want to give a false impression here. The Bar Exam is HARD, probably the hardest exam you've ever taken or ever will take. But if you finished law school in the top two thirds of your class, you WILL pass. If you are a tail-gunner, you will pass eventually if you put the work into it and don't give up.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Sat May 18, 2013 1:05 pm

A mid-summer mental health break is credited.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sat May 18, 2013 1:17 pm

The last Sunday of my vacation falls on the same as the BarBri practice exam... Do I have to be there to actually take it or can I just take it on my own some other day? The following Monday and Tuesday are review though and I don't know if those lectures are recorded (assuming they are? anyone know this?). If they are then I don't see a huge deal with just doing the exam/review sessions later. Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”