Bar Prep..questions

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BCLS

Bar Prep..questions

Postby BCLS » Sun May 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Does BarBri provide enough MBE questions? I signed up for BarBri and received a subscription for Multistate Edge as well-- I'm wondering if I should get supplemental MBE questions? Thanks!

BeautifulSW

Re: Bar Prep..questions

Postby BeautifulSW » Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am

BarBri all by itself will get you through the bar exam. Really, truly. Relax. So would any number of other bar review courses. You already know what you need to know. What you require at this point is a structured review process.

There's research about this if you want to do a search...how you do on your first attempt on the bar exam is closely correlated to how you did in law school. Unless you are in the bottom third of your class, you will be fine with just about any bar review course. (If you are in the top third, you could probably get by with self-study but I wouldn't recommend it. Use BarOutlines instead.)

Now, if you came out in the bottom third, BarBri will still be enough but you need to work the program twice as hard as you want to. Make passing the bar a full-time job. You might have to take it twice. Even so, eventually, you WILL pass.

BCLS

Postby BCLS » Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 am

BeautifulSW wrote:BarBri all by itself will get you through the bar exam. Really, truly. Relax. So would any number of other bar review courses. You already know what you need to know. What you require at this point is a structured review process.

There's research about this if you want to do a search...how you do on your first attempt on the bar exam is closely correlated to how you did in law school. Unless you are in the bottom third of your class, you will be fine with just about any bar review course. (If you are in the top third, you could probably get by with self-study but I wouldn't recommend it. Use BarOutlines instead.)

Now, if you came out in the bottom third, BarBri will still be enough but you need to work the program twice as hard as you want to. Make passing the bar a full-time job. You might have to take it twice. Even so, eventually, you WILL pass.

I'm top 1/3-- BUT, I took a ton of easy law school classes... Hopefully that won't matter though. Thanks!

BeautifulSW

Postby BeautifulSW » Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 am

It won't matter. The rank of your school doesn't matter nearly as much as your class rank, by the way. You covered the vast majority of Bar material during your mandatory first-year classes in the same way as everyone else in an ABA approved school did. You will be fine.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”