Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm

hyakku wrote:Grats man.

Lol, we haven't even gotten one grade back. Not even thinking about them anymore with work starting next week. May not even end up checking until later on if I end up forgetting like I have so far. Still pissed about that property exam.


I haven't checked either. Today my supervising attorney asked me if I ever covered that fox case in Property. I was apoplectic.

User avatar
BuckinghamB
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby BuckinghamB » Fri May 31, 2013 12:14 am

UnamSanctam wrote:
hyakku wrote:Grats man.

Lol, we haven't even gotten one grade back. Not even thinking about them anymore with work starting next week. May not even end up checking until later on if I end up forgetting like I have so far. Still pissed about that property exam.


I haven't checked either. Today my supervising attorney asked me if I ever covered that fox case in Property. I was apoplectic.


thanks hyakku. needed that one badly
Last edited by BuckinghamB on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ru2486
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby ru2486 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 am

checking in. A- in LRW for the year, no other grades back yet. the wait is killllin me.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby stillwater » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:24 pm

copped dat A in legal writing

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7298
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Danger Zone » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Grades are all out 8)

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:56 pm

I refuse to check until the deadline passes.

UnderrateOverachieve
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:04 pm

I have literally walked through every test with anyone who will listen to me to try and figure out how I did.

Obviously this is fruitless, but I at least know I didn't fail.

How do you guys take the pressure?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:37 am

ugh. The wait gets harder and harder the closer we get to D-Day.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 am

I wrote a script to check my GPA for me so I don't have to login to the TTT grade's website 8) :lol:
Waiting for one more fucking grade. Pissing me off.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby stillwater » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:09 am

Danger Zone wrote:Grades are all out 8)


the success continues?

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7298
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:12 am

stillwater wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Grades are all out 8)


the success continues?

Yep. A little bit lower than first semester but still pretty good. Congrats on your legal writing grade, dude.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby stillwater » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:18 am

Danger Zone wrote:
stillwater wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Grades are all out 8)


the success continues?

Yep. A little bit lower than first semester but still pretty good. Congrats on your legal writing grade, dude.


haha, the LRW grade hardly assuages my feelings toward the 4 grades im waiting on.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Bronck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 am

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:I have literally walked through every test with anyone who will listen to me to try and figure out how I did.

Obviously this is fruitless, but I at least know I didn't fail.

How do you guys take the pressure?


By not discussing it with other people, playing video games, watching tv, and hanging out with friends.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7298
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:15 am

Bronck wrote:
UnderrateOverachieve wrote:I have literally walked through every test with anyone who will listen to me to try and figure out how I did.

Obviously this is fruitless, but I at least know I didn't fail.

How do you guys take the pressure?


By not discussing it with other people, playing video games, watching tv, and hanging out with friends.

As always, TCR is avoiding other law students.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby hyakku » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 am

UnamSanctam wrote:I refuse to check until the deadline passes.


When is our deadline anyway? Thought it would be like the end of May or something, but so far all I know is that I've passed LP.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:00 pm

hyakku wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:I refuse to check until the deadline passes.


When is our deadline anyway? Thought it would be like the end of May or something, but so far all I know is that I've passed LP.


6/6.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby thelong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Ours is 6/7.

But, "deadline."

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby UnamSanctam » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Honestly, I suspect I didn't do a ton better than last semester, so this is the period of time when I still get to dream that I'm not pwned. It'll come when it comes.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby hyakku » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:43 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
hyakku wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:I refuse to check until the deadline passes.


When is our deadline anyway? Thought it would be like the end of May or something, but so far all I know is that I've passed LP.


6/6.


Fuck, you serious? Well damn, I've got the next three days to enjoy my nice GPA before it gets shat on. Can't be too upset about whatever I get on Contracts, and to a lesser extent Civ Pro (still pissed that guy didn't tell us it was closed book at the beginning of the year, but eh, probably wouldn't have done too much different), but unless some fucking miracle happens, my Property grade is inevitably going to disappoint. At this point I'll be cool with a B and anything higher will be a literal blessing from heaven.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:45 pm

So far my second semester GPA is .65 better than first semester.

Thanks, TLS Survivor.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Bronck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:38 pm

thelong wrote:Ours is 6/7.

But, "deadline."


Lawl. You guys ended later than us and still have an earlier deadline

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:42 pm

All we have ais a guesstimate

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby thelong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Bronck wrote:
thelong wrote:Ours is 6/7.

But, "deadline."


Lawl. You guys ended later than us and still have an earlier "deadline"


FTFY

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby Bronck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 pm

thelong wrote:
Bronck wrote:
thelong wrote:Ours is 6/7.

But, "deadline."


Lawl. You guys ended later than us and still have an earlier "deadline"


FTFY


Ahaha, fair enough. Did your professors routinely disregard the "deadline" last semester?

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Waiting for 1L 2nd semester grades is killing me

Postby thelong » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Bronck wrote:
thelong wrote:
Bronck wrote:
thelong wrote:Ours is 6/7.

But, "deadline."


Lawl. You guys ended later than us and still have an earlier "deadline"


FTFY


Ahaha, fair enough. Did your professors routinely disregard the "deadline" last semester?


I remember one was solidly past the deadline. Which was funny, because that was the severely word-limited exam. It's a pretty normal thing, though.

Also, still waiting to find out whether I passed or failed LRW. I have no idea how that grade wasn't in weeks ago.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests