The wait for grades is agonizing Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Anonymous User

The wait for grades is agonizing

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 pm

We got a grade back early, and I mistakenly took a look at it. It was not a good one. Now, I'm worried sick that I ruined my good first semester with a mediocre or sub-par second one. I didn't worry like this after first semester because I had no idea what to expect. I can't help but obsess over things that I should've done on this and that exam. One minute, I'll feel relatively upbeat, then I'll suddenly start to think about the worst case scenario and become saddened and disappointed.

Any commiserators?

joetheplumber

Bronze

Re: The wait for grades is agonizing

Post by joetheplumber » Thu May 09, 2013 9:09 pm

I know the feeling bro. Although my grades aren't out yet since I am still in finals. The one I took I fucked up hard. It was a racehorse issue spotter and I know I missed some. Also, since it was such a race, my analysis wasn't even great. Shit happens.. hopefully the other grades are good. Best of luck to us

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Waiting for 560 Requests for Production to download to your Inbox is worse when you know you have to respond to them in 5 hours.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:21 pm

I can't feel too bad, we don't even take exams to begin the wait for another 3+ weeks.

Ness Lee

New

Post by Ness Lee » Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 am

Wait in there bro. Dont get the nips and keep grinding brother!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:Waiting for 560 Requests for Production to download to your Inbox is worse when you know you have to respond to them in 5 hours.
Come on, man. Just throw 560 bullshit objections their way :lol:

lawyerdown27

New

Post by lawyerdown27 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:02 pm

2014 wrote:I can't feel too bad, we don't even take exams to begin the wait for another 3+ weeks.
Imma be honest - the thought of not being done with exams for that long makes me shudder. Then again, time to learn all that bidness you didn't learn during the semester.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 11, 2013 2:56 am

Wow, already have four of my grades back. We just finished finals. The professors must be on meth or something to get them back this fast. 2L at a top 50 school. Fastest I have ever heard of this school getting stuff back.

I would have posted non-anon, but it'd out me since I've talked about this with a few people.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat May 11, 2013 9:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wow, already have four of my grades back. We just finished finals. The professors must be on meth or something to get them back this fast. 2L at a top 50 school. Fastest I have ever heard of this school getting stuff back.

I would have posted non-anon, but it'd out me since I've talked about this with a few people.
You must have been in classes with graduating 3Ls.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:02 am

3|ink wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wow, already have four of my grades back. We just finished finals. The professors must be on meth or something to get them back this fast. 2L at a top 50 school. Fastest I have ever heard of this school getting stuff back.

That's not always a guarantee either though - I think some schools just let you walk but the thing they hand you isn't your actual diploma. At least, I assume that's how things are done, because my last exam is the afternoon before graduation.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat May 11, 2013 2:28 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
3|ink wrote:

That's not always a guarantee either though - I think some schools just let you walk but the thing they hand you isn't your actual diploma. At least, I assume that's how things are done, because my last exam is the afternoon before graduation.
At UVA you get your actual diploma, but our grades won't come in for another month

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”