Property question driving me insane...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
RogerRoger

Property question driving me insane...

Postby RogerRoger » Wed May 08, 2013 7:00 pm

" O to A for life, then to A's children who reach 25 for life, but if the land is ever used for gambling, then to the Nature Society. A currently has one Child, X, who is 20."

1.) What interest does "O" have (before applying rules that further marketability)?:

A.) Contingent Remainder
B.) Possibility of Reverter
C.) Right of Entry
D.) No Interest

(I personally think every choice is wrong; O has a reversion, right?)

2. Who's interest must be considered under the RAP? Mark all that apply:

A.) A's
B.) X's
C.) The Nature Society
D.) O's

(B and C, correct?)

3. Who's interest violates the RAP?:

A.) The Nature Society's
B.) X's
C.) O's
D.) A's

(Again, i think all choices are wrong - Wouldn't both the Nature Society's and X's interest be cancelled because of the RAP? Unlike #2, this one didn't have a "mark all that apply" option...)

3|ink

Re: Property question driving me insane...

Postby 3|ink » Wed May 08, 2013 7:23 pm

That's funny. I had the exact same question on my take-home property exam this semester.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 pm

3|ink wrote:That's funny. I had the exact same question on my take-home property exam this semester.

lol

RogerRoger

Postby RogerRoger » Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Oh jeez... I suppose I should have saw that coming.

FWIW: My in-class property exam was already administered. This question was on it. I am choosing to not follow the common advice of "don't talk about exams you have already taken - move on to the next one." I do not have the balls to post on the internet a take-home exam question.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm

RogerRoger wrote:FWIW: My in-class property exam was already administered. This question was on it. I am choosing to not follow the common advice of "don't talk about exams you have already taken - move on to the next one." I do not have the balls to post on the internet a take-home exam question.

You must have a photographic memory.

Should I Transfer??

Postby Should I Transfer?? » Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm

haha, odds this will show up on ATL?

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed May 08, 2013 9:35 pm

3|ink wrote:
RogerRoger wrote:FWIW: My in-class property exam was already administered. This question was on it. I am choosing to not follow the common advice of "don't talk about exams you have already taken - move on to the next one." I do not have the balls to post on the internet a take-home exam question.

Also most schools have an honor code that prevent discussing or sharing exam questions until grades have been released at least. Many make it a violation to ever share the questions.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Icculus wrote:
3|ink wrote:

Also most schools have an honor code that prevent discussing or sharing exam questions until grades have been released at least. Many make it a violation to ever share the questions.

Yep. Because many schools allow students to defer exams to a later date if they end up having 3 or more exams within 3 consecutive days.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”